Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• idea for bumper ends

as I was messing with my jeep the other day, I was wondering why no one has ever come out with steel bumper ends for the TJs. unfortunately, I've never welded anything in my life, but I think it could be possible. anything is better than those plastic craps. if you did it right, you could use the existing holes to bolt it up. you would have to come up with some end piece and then weld in extension that would go inside the stock bumper and bolt up.

any ideas on this one?
    98 TJ 4.0 - 2" PORC budget lift - 31s

The stock bumpers couldnt hold the weight of custom steel endcaps, one good wack and youre front bumper is a pretzel (been there done that...a few times)...youre way better off buying an extended front bumper...

Rock-ItMan sells bumpers ANY length for the same price... His bumpers ROCK!

Tam
    Last edited by Dukes69; 08-22-04, 12:58 AM.
    2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
    Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

with or without custom steel end caps the bumper can not handle much of a hit or anything the bumper of the 02 i had was tweeked and warped after one day on the rocks and the replacement jeep my dealership gave me when they took the 02 back its bumper got one snag of the recovery rope and wouldnt you know it tweeked all funny looking now, i think no i know ass soon as the budget allows i going to give rock-itman a ring and get me some i need something a tank cannot bend i hard on bumpers aint that why they called bumpers better them then the fender.
      im lovin it

2004 wrangler se
      4 inch rough country lift
      35x12.5LT16's
      super budget 3 inch body lift

Comment

INDEED and AGREED!

Im REALLY REALLY hard on my bumpers. I must have been through 3 stock bumpers before Chris made me mine. I literally flattened the "U" out of one once. With my new bumper, I break the rocks instead

Tam
        2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
        Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

ditto

Originally posted by JeepGal
          The stock bumpers couldnt hold the weight of custom steel endcaps, one good wack and youre front bumper is a pretzel (been there done that...a few times)...youre way better off buying an extended front bumper...

Rock-ItMan sells bumpers ANY length for the same price... His bumpers ROCK!

Tam

Chris @ Rock-it Man makes a VERY beefy bumper and for a very resonable price ........... mind you this is coming from a fellow fabricator !

Tell whomever makes your bumper EXACTLY what you are looking for and what you want on the bumper and you will be much happier then buying from the limited choices you get when ordering a mass produced item. Your jeep is as individual as you are so have it made how you want it .

JIM
          JC Fab & Design

Comment

Working...
          X