Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building some new rockers

Well my idea is still in the works. I am taking some 3/16's plate {or 20 gage} and having it bent at a 90 to come up just under the door and return underneath and be notched around the body mounts. Then take some 2-2.5" dom 3/16th's tubing and clamping 1.5" angle iron to the length of tubing. Then running the plasma down each side of the angle iron. Should cut out a third of the tubing. Then weld the tubing into the pre-bent 3/16's plate or something like that. gotta go check out the steel shop. Hopefully have some pics soon.
    ASM REAPER BUGGY ON 40'S SOLD
    00 TJ ON 37'S SOLD
    97zj ON 36'S SOLD

04 CUMMINS CRAWLER HAULER

I like the idea but I don't think the tubing would work as a step or is it for added strength at the 90 bend.
    1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

Sounds cool Chris

Are you trying to make Warn/Sun Performance style rockers with extra protection beneath ? I really like mine, but thats where they lack.

Look forward to seeing how they turn out!

Tam
      2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
      Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Sounds cool Chris, can't wait to see the pics.
        [color=grey]Ryan[/color]
        [COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]No Jeep To speak of. But I got a Hummer H3[/COLOR]

Comment

It would be more for use as a HD slider and for coming down and slamming hard on the rail. Kinda just coping Blaines setup. As you know BOTH me and debra could use a step for accessing the jeep due to our height restrictions
          00 TJ ON 37'S SOLD
          97zj ON 36'S SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by JeepGal
            Sounds cool Chris

Are you trying to make Warn/Sun Performance style rockers with extra protection beneath ? I really like mine, but thats where they lack.

Look forward to seeing how they turn out!

Tam
            Tam, I want something that will take a really hard hit and not budge, I may even go with 1/4 wall dom tubing. I will also run a 2" wide 1/4" aluminum plate inside the tub below the door for reinforcement.
            00 TJ ON 37'S SOLD
            97zj ON 36'S SOLD

Comment

Chis,

You saw mine. It is made from 4x4x1/4 angle iron with 1 1/2 square tube for a step. The step also helps save the side when you fall hard. It has been through Sledge, Doran, Rubicon and many others and has not moved at all. Rock solid.

Comment

Originally posted by igofshn
                Chis,

You saw mine. It is made from 4x4x1/4 angle iron with 1 1/2 square tube for a step. The step also helps save the side when you fall hard. It has been through Sledge, Doran, Rubicon and many others and has not moved at all. Rock solid.

Damn Al, I never thought about angle Iron. I wonder if i could start off with 6x6 1/4 wall { I need something that goes all the way to the bottom of the doors to cover my old 4x docter rockers drilled holes. Hmmm...
                00 TJ ON 37'S SOLD
                97zj ON 36'S SOLD

Comment

See if you can find some.

Comment

Working...
                  X