Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real JK Sliders

Well, it's been a long and painful wait but progress is being made on my sliders!! Woot! They are going to be welded to the frame and boat sided as well so I should be able to slide over a good bit of stuff. Give me your thoughts on em folks!

And I wasn't sure where to post this so I figured here would work.
    USMC F&AM

Looks real nice. Are you making them?
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Very nice.
      IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Originally posted by RAT View Post
        Looks real nice. Are you making them?
        No I'm not. I wish I could say I had that sort of skill but I don't.
        USMC F&AM

Comment

BEEFY

I'd like to see how they tie into the frame. More please.
          You can lead a horse to water, but it might drown

Comment

They look solid. Ditto, on the frame tie in.
            It was like that when I got here.

Comment

I'll get some shots once they are one and before we do the boat sides. The brackets coming off are going to be welded to the frame, then the sides boat sided with an angled part on the front and rear to tie into the frame as well right by my Long Arm mounts. These things are going to be incredibly beefy. My goal is to have them not quite as far out as the fenders, but far enough out to offer some serious protection if they Jeep is really leaning on them.

In theory I'll have the bottom of this thing slick enough to skip across a pond with the sliders and tummy tuck skids.

Now if I could figure out a way to get the LCA mounts a bit higher.
              Last edited by TipsE-Z; 06-20-13, 04:37 AM. Reason: early morning typos
              USMC F&AM

Comment

boat sides sounds interesting! The tub on the JK's from the bottom of the door downward isn't as deep as they are on the TJs, interested to see how the boatside looks!
                [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
                www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

I am too. The only thing I haven't really figured out yet is access to the body mounts incase I opt for a body lift later on. I'm thinking if cut out holes where the mounts are and chamfer the edges we should be fine and have a few spots to drain, but I'm no genius with metal... I'm an electrical guy.
                  USMC F&AM

Comment

Those look awesome....look forward to seeing them powder coated and mounted....

Comment

Working...
                    X