Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rock STew/

remember this

I've been "tinkerin" a bit with the TJ. It started by fixin a bent front fender. Well I ended up makin boat sides for it which I named "Rock Stew"

I think I ended up cutting more than this when I was done but here you can see the body mounts raised up, the bottom edge of the new body mount is at the same height where the bottom of the body used to be.:smile:

yep that's the interior right there. No need to worry about drainage.

box steel + sharpie + vision + cutoff wheel

turns into raised body mount... Fun project took about an hour and half for each one the last one went pretty quick. I'm glad I made 1 at a time because they are all slightly different

Perforated Stainless I had laying around is going to make for great ventilation and the perfect spot for my .5 gallon air tank need to weld some tabs and those are done

The sides will get some shape once the rear quarters are on and I get my new tires and rims had the 3/16" bent at M&K very reasonable otherwise I would not have done this. I would have bought jeeperman boat sides

I used the stock inner fender well, cuz it was there on the jeep and I'm cheap.

The key ingredient to the rock stew is the hidden treasure of 1.5" DOM and 1" angle tied into the boat side smashing the body between them, then it ties in to the frame. The DOM as well as the boat sides. They go all the way to the frame and tie in 3 locations. The roll bar A and B pillar are bolted through the floor and through the boat sides which make the tie into the frame (I used to have some other crap) pictures later when I do the final comparison and complete project

yep that's the front fender, boat side backer frame tie in aka ROCK STEW a little of everything coming from everywhere.

A little lop sided at the moment but much skinnier
    You can lead a horse to water, but it might drown

Looks pretty darn good Mike

Comment

Looks good. I haven't see boat sides in a long time.
      [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
      [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
      http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Nice work. I'm digging the boat sides.
        Check out .

Comment

Thanks for the compliments guys.

dirtman bring it over I have a few cut off wheels left.

Comment

Very nice work.
            IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Originally posted by Toolman View Post

dirtman bring it over I have a few cut off wheels left.
              Don't temped me.
              Check out .

Comment

This is what happens when your bored, had a few beers, and your staring at your jeep. Looks good Mike
                It was like that when I got here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tumbleweed13 View Post
                  This is what happens when your bored, had a few beers, and your staring at your jeep. Looks good Mike
                  Yup, funny how that happens eh

Comment

Hey that's inside info JOE !! Not fair.

Thanks, to be honest it was WAY OVER DUE

the funny thing is, when I'm sober I'm afraid to mess it up. When I'm buzzin I can fix anything I mess up. lol

Comment

Hey that's inside info JOE !! Not fair.

Thanks, to be honest it was WAY OVER DUE

the funny thing is, when I'm sober I'm afraid to mess it up. When I'm buzzin I can fix anything I mess up. lol
                      What was way ovedue? The buzz or the attack with a grinder with a cutoff wheel on it? Or both lol

Comment

Both the attack on my liver and my jeep got a lot more to do

Comment

Freddy told me you got some springs from him, how do like his ole Betsy, pretty nice jalopy eh

Comment

haha! I've built a few pieces of furniture that turned out much better after a few beers than they do when I'm drinking water
                            [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
                            www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

The springs work in the garage we'll see how they handle in a couple of weeks when its back on the road / trail.
                              and
                              I don't even want to think about Fred's rig right now. That thing takes it to a hole new level.
                              words can't describe

Comment

Working...
                              X