Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hand Throttle

well, after falling in the hole on doran canyon entrance for my lack of 2 foot 3 petal skills, i decided this is a worthy mod. this will also serve well for idling up the engine for the york compressor, and the winching needs.
    this is a simple mod, and should less than 15 bucks.
    just go to your local bicycle repair store and get a thumb shift lever. mount it to your gear shifter, and route the cable to your throttle body linkage. thats it. less than an hour job, and you will find many uses for it on the trail.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

So all you used was a thumb shift lever, with multiple positions?? Will this work on a Carb as well??

Comment

Originally posted by Trailbst
      So all you used was a thumb shift lever, with multiple positions?? Will this work on a Carb as well??
      i dont see why it wouldnt... this is a very east mod. with a carb, you may need to add a bracket. mount the hand throtle as pictured, run it to your bracket, (which will hold the sleeve) and the cable runs past to your
      carb.
      ERIK

Comment

Sounds good. Thanks for the advice Erik. It seems like a very inexpensive trick, but VERY useful.

Comment

yea, this is a very inexpensive mod... i think "the" least expensive one i have done to the jeep
          the screw in the center of the shifter will allow you to adjust the tension.. it can be set to no resistance, or enough to hold it in place so you can idle up.
          ERIK

Comment

I was thinking about that. I know the thumb shifter on my bike, you press it in, it'll go like three clicks and then return. Guess I would need one the you can position as far in as you want and then pull it back to drop the idle back down. Right??

Comment

yea, just go to your local bike store, and feel a few of them... mine bar4ely clicks, and is pretty smoothe operating.. they are phasing these out to go with the "grip shift" on the bikes, so you may not have much of a selection. but, i'm sure you can find one you like.
              ERIK

Comment

Working...
              X