Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ? About zj tie rod.

For those of you running a zj tie rod over the knuckle... Did you have any problems with the sway bar mounts hitting at all? I got the idea here originally to run a goferit OTK insert and a zj v8 tie rod. Well I went to put it on and it didn't want to ffit at first so I flipped it around and come to find out I have it on backwards. Just wondering if anyone who is running this setup has any input. My jeep is an xj with a HP 30. Thanks.

Works better when its on backwards. You dont have to move the sway bar mounts when its like that.Not to mention it give you a bit more ground clearence. Mine works awesome! It is a hp d30 out of an xj also. Just make sure you clock the clamps on the threaded sleeve so they don't hit anything.

Comment

I did a little research and found the same thing. Thanks for your advice. And it looks like the tierods is bent for diff clearance that way too.

Comment

Originally posted by bails85 View Post
        I did a little research and found the same thing. Thanks for your advice. And it looks like the tierods is bent for diff clearance that way too.
        Yes, I forgot to mention that. I call it "The tj to zj tierod swap double flip mod" fliped over and fliped over the knuckle. LOL

Comment

I did mine, according to Jeeperators design. It works great. I've done some nasty trails, with mine, and no prob. I call it "10% steering". It only cost 40 bucks total to do the job. Thats 10% of a $400 Currie set up. Good Luck.
          It was like that when I got here.

Comment

It didn't even cost me that. It got it for 12 bucks at pick a part.

Comment

I bought the Currie heavy duty draglink for like $200 and went to pic a part and got a good tierod for cheap and replaced the torn rubber boots with urethane boots for like $6. Probably have <$20 total in it. The still hollow and bendable currie tierod is $100 and wont fit on top of the knuckle without moving the lower swaybar brackets. Not that you ever need to but good luck finding the currie tre's at a local auto parts store. Did some hammers trails and hit the solid zj tierod a few times and it has yet to bend and my steering seem to stay the same after every run. So its definatly durable. I have bent the stocker and a rugged ridge twice both on John bull.

Comment

Where did you get the poly boots from?

Comment

I believe they are energy suspension boots I think I got them off ebay. Most auto parts store sell some rubber ones in the help section too.

Comment

Working...
                  X