Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pics of inside spare tire mount needed.

Been looking, having no luck finding pics out there. Thinking of building a tire mount for in the rear of the tub. Trying to drop some weight and move some forward.

If anyone has some any pics could you please post them up. Doesn't have to be your rig, just looking for ideas on how i should build one. Thanks

Why not build a cover for the tub and mount the tire on it? That will give you storage space in the tub protected from the elements.
    Check out .

Comment

I'll post up a picture this weekend for you. Mine is a YJ and the inside fenders are different but it'll give you an idea. The 35 fits under a rack I mounted. I do have to air down the spare a bit to fit. It works. I like having the tire under the rack so all my tools and such are easily accessable when I actually wheel.

Comment

Originally posted by dirtman13 View Post
        Why not build a cover for the tub and mount the tire on it? That will give you storage space in the tub protected from the elements.
        I like that idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason View Post
          I'll post up a picture this weekend for you. Mine is a YJ and the inside fenders are different but it'll give you an idea. The 35 fits under a rack I mounted. I do have to air down the spare a bit to fit. It works. I like having the tire under the rack so all my tools and such are easily accessable when I actually wheel.
          Yeah thanks Jason, post up the pic.

At first I was thinking pipe frame with a box under/inbetween. But either a rack, or cover with the tire ontop sounds better. I'll definately need that space underneith for tolos, etc.
          Last edited by Gary; 04-20-12, 10:46 AM.

Comment

I don't have a picture. But I use this when I carry a spare. I just pile every thing on top of it and tie it down if I'm camping out of the jeep.

http://www.polyperformance.com/shop/...n-p-29605.html
            IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

The tire goes ontop of the cage?

Comment

No I put the tire on the floor in the back, right behind the seats. Then I strap it to the floor with that. So it does't fly around. Then you can put stuff around the tire and on top of it.
                IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Comment

I am going to build a cover that fits on top of my rear fenders out of plywood or plate aluminum. A tire aired down should fit under tight and not move or on top with some straps like curtis posted. I can store stuff under with the tire and have a place to store crap on top also. On top be a good spot for a trail dog too since it still has the bed sides still sticking up.

Comment

A good trail dog rides in the passenger seat. ASK KURT.

Comment

If you search google images for
                      jeep tub tire carrier
                      and
                      jeep tub spare tire

This one looks pretty simple..

http://images.canadianlisted.com/nla...er_4820572.jpg

Theres also this style (for sale even)
                      http://www.jeep4x4center.com/spare-t...black-201.html

Comment

Lol, yeah I think googles the only place I havent looked. Liking the idea of lid, or cover. Appreciate the links and ideas.

Comment

I ditched my tire carrier last month. My 35" spare lays flat in back. On wednesday I built a rack for the back, that will float above the tire. I'm still working on final prep and paint. When its all done, I'll have plenty of room for storage, the rack is 22"x46", and the weight will be between the axles. I'll post a pic when I'm done, but that may be a few days.
                          It was like that when I got here.

Comment

I was thinking of building a hitch mounted fold down tire carrier I can slide into my savvy bumper for those overnite trips where I have to pack alot of extra stuff and I could use the extra room in the back of the heep. That 24# aluminum bumper will easily hold the weight. Joe definatly post a pic of your rack when your done.

Comment

Sounds good Tumbleweed13, can't wait to see the pics.

Comment

Working...
                              X