Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little bit of painting

Finally got around to painting my tube fenders and grill hoop/stinger. Stinger is drying and fenders are done. Still need a little touch up but I'm surprised how well they turned out from using a paint brush.... The trick with this stuff is that you gotta put it on fast and thick. It gums up quickly and because it has to go on thick, you can screw up and have runs.. Pretty tricky. I need to redo my right fender because of this.. Also it works best when applied with the brush facing down and the item to be brushed is face up. Hard to do sometimes esp with tubes. I think I'll be getting slap happy and do my axles and cage next...
    black Rustoleum hammered metal paint in a pint is pretty awesome indeed. Here's a few crappy pics with my phone.

1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

That looks pretty nice

Comment

I used the same paint on my rear corners but out of a spray can. Yours looks more like powdercoating than mine does. Looks great!

Comment

Brush on Hammertone? Say it aint so... I have been shooting hammertone on the equipment my company sells for years. A two part silicone epoxy paint that really looks cool. Problem is it only comes in silver and has to be sprayed HVLP. So I have to tell you, for a brush on job that looks excellent. How long does it take to dry?
        [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
        [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
        http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Tell you what. I put it on about an hr before sundown (4 ish) then closed the garage and came back about noon the next day and I was able to pick them up and reinstall w/o issue. To be bashed on? Not sure. I'll let you know. It is thicker than a spray paint so I'm sure it'll take longer to completely cure and harden.

1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Comment

Working...
          X