Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smittybilt Flat Fender Install

Okay again not nearly as custom as half the stuff I see on this location but no-the-less a custom mod for me…
    I did not like the fitment at all on the rear, BUT for 245.00 shipped to the door I can’t complain… So I had to do a little painting. I am also thinking of putting the rear Black fender well back in as well. My wife really does not like the exposed silver well…

What to expect if you purchase some Smittybilt 76837 flat fenders.

What to expect if you reuse some of the black plastic clips and have some truck bed liner in the garage. Sorry the first few are night shots but you may get the point.

[COLOR="red"]Are you seeing planes? Is your name Tattoo? Because I swear to God, you're living on Fantasy Island[/COLOR]

The Flairs look nice. I agree with your wife. You could spray the fenderwell with the bed line spray, if you don't want to put the plastic back on.
    It was like that when I got here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tumbleweed13 View Post
      The Flairs look nice. I agree with your wife. You could spray the fenderwell with the bed line spray, if you don't want to put the plastic back on.
      I cut one last night and lit looks pretty good. I was thinking about the spray but it may be a little messy. more time masking off than painting...
      [COLOR="red"]Are you seeing planes? Is your name Tattoo? Because I swear to God, you're living on Fantasy Island[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by JK08 View Post
        I was thinking about the spray but it may be a little messy. more time masking off than painting...
        Prep work is always longer then spray time. The price you pay for a job, well done.
        It was like that when I got here.

Comment

Nice CJ5! Oh the fenders look good too

Comment

Originally posted by jonah View Post
            Nice CJ5! Oh the fenders look good too

I Knew someone would find it... rebuilt Buick 6 in it then the guy died before he could drive it. Garage kept for 20 years my 44 year old sister-in-law grew up wheeling in that thing (I bought my mother-in-laws house). I think he is the only owner. GARGE KEPT for 20 years about a year after he died the Son In Law pulls it out about a year and a half ago try to bring it back to life. After two weeks he got it started but it would not stay running. after about 4 weekends straight he gave up and It has been rotting since. Said to see it paint is fading like crazy.
            Last edited by JK08; 01-26-12, 10:38 PM. Reason: Jackassery

Comment

The flares look great... now you just need bigger tires to fill the wheel wells

Comment

Originally posted by Tumbleweed13 View Post
                Prep work is always longer then spray time. The price you pay for a job, well done.
                Ya you can say that again.

Look at that recycling…

Looking back on it I would take the running board off and follow the curve of the fender behind the running board with the black.

Comment

Originally posted by vwtipeii View Post
                  The flares look great... now you just need bigger tires to fill the wheel wells
                  Ya right funny...

A. I want some travel for now
                  B. I can’t afford anything more at the moment.
                  And
                  C. My wife would kill me for sure… I bought the Jeep cause it had 5 matching wheels, 2.5” lift and on 35’s, oh wait two trips out I HAD to get a new 4” lift to fit the 35’s… oh what? That did not work either sorry babe I guess I will have to get fenders to fit the 35’s. after all fenders are cheaper than buying 5 33’s…I could see me now saying crap those tires are too small for the lift and fenders… probably not gonna go to well…

Going out to Asuza for my first time on Sunday so we will find out if I got rid of the tire rub… I have a feeling that I did.

Comment

Shame to see the CJ5 rotting away. The odd fire V6 can give people problems with ignition timing if they don't get it right.

Have fun on your run!

Comment

A. If he thinks it needs adjustment on the timing after it was parked, running; he doesn't need to be touching it.
                      B. If he hasn't touched it and the distributor is still points, the condensers can go bad - causing them to run only long enough to get your hopes up and then mysteriously die.
                      God forgives, rocks don't
                      -sons of thunder

Comment

Got some pictures with the plasrics in and the benifits of Flat Fenders on a JK

Front fender

Cut and in place

Rear, Before I thought to take pictures so just got a few in the dark. This will give you the idea of travel you pick up. Seriously if you want a L.C.G. rig you can probably run 33’s with no lift if you put flats on… This has to pick up at least 4" of travel with just fenders...

Cut and in place

Last edited by JK08; 02-07-12, 10:13 PM.

Comment

Looks great! Much better with the plastic inners back in too!

Was that $245.00 for all 4? if so, where did you get'em?

I'm seriously thinking about doing this to the wife's Jeep!

Scott
                          "I got your Jeep Thing....Now it burns when I pee!" :fire:

Comment

Originally posted by avjeepfreek View Post
                            Looks great! Much better with the plastic inners back in too!

Was that $245.00 for all 4? if so, where did you get'em?

I'm seriously thinking about doing this to the wife's Jeep!

Scott
                            Yes sir all 4 shipped to the house. ordered thursday had them Monday. it was some place i never heard of Autoplicity.com they were i think 215 plus shipping.

Now I just need some power... But I am broke for the next few months.

Comment

Working...
                            X