Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look Ma No Fenders

Fenders Off,
    OKAY I admit probabaly not as "Custom" as everyone else here but i was not sure where else to post this...

In theory the new Flats should be in my hot little hands tomorrow so in preparation I took the old ones off. Sorry for the night pictures I finished up a side job and did not get home till about 5pm. The back fenders are literally held on with just plastic clips... The front had SIX even though the instructions I found online say remove FIVE screws. anyhow not rocket science is it now... kinda like the way it looks with no fenders.

I have to admit i am like a 5 year old waiting for Christmas Morning right now...

[COLOR="red"]Are you seeing planes? Is your name Tattoo? Because I swear to God, you're living on Fantasy Island[/COLOR]

I didn't like how my rear flares were mounted, so I drilled out the holes and put regular nuts and bolts on them. I rolled without the rear flares for one wheeling trip, I liked it that way! but I put them back on so that I don't get a ticket or something.

It's funny, with that little lip on the fenders where the flares bolt to, the front fender there with no flare reminds me of the rear quarter panel of an old hotrod or something with no flare
    Last edited by daniel_buck; 01-23-12, 10:25 AM.
    [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
    www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

Originally posted by daniel_buck View Post
      I didn't like how my rear flares were mounted, so I drilled out the holes and put regular nuts and bolts on them. I rolled without the rear flares for one wheeling trip, I liked it that way! but I put them back on so that I don't get a ticket or something.

It's funny, with that little lip on the fenders where the flares bolt to, the front fender there with no flare reminds me of the rear quarter panel of an old hotrod or something with no flare
      Ya funny that they are just held in with some plastic panel snaps...

Well in the process now of mounting my flares and have to paint the back wheel well a little so the silver does not stand out a bit. I guess for 245 bucks shipped to the house. for steel flat fenders all the way around what do you expect. I just got it all taped off i will paint in after i eat and at least get the one back one done tonight...
      [COLOR="red"]Are you seeing planes? Is your name Tattoo? Because I swear to God, you're living on Fantasy Island[/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
      X