• Show
Clear All

• FJ tinkering

In case anyone is wondering what I've been up to;

A little more horsepower;

and some paint;

hoping to haveit done by Thankgiving, Kevin

I love FJ40s, I look forward to more progress photos in the near future
    [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
    www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

You better write your name on the doors so I will recognize you! lookin' good!
      SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
      MJR moderator
      MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
      Jeep Patrol Leader
      Reforestation Supervisor
      Licensed Ham - n6ujm
      Eagle Scout

Comment

DAMN Kevin looking SWEET. How long you off work?
        IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Originally posted by curtis View Post
          DAMN Kevin looking SWEET. How long you off work?
          Still working, going to the cardiologist friday. Arteries are closed down over 50%, or more. They handed me some nitro tablets and gave me a release to go back to work??????????? Ok, last monday after a 14 hour day, getting ready to go to bed, I started to have an uncomfortable feeling in my chest that was like radiading out ward, so I took some nitro and it faded away. They say my heart is good just slow down??????????? Wished I knew how. So I'm looking forward to Friday and ready to ask some questions.

Comment

Originally posted by daniel_buck View Post
            I love FJ40s, I look forward to more progress photos in the near future
            Thank you, I'm getting closer. Got to finish the dash, the it will be time to do the wiring, and finish hooking up the fuel injection. Getting 40 years of dirt off was the real headache. It started with a locker and seals for the front end. Then a custom radiator, so it wouldn't run hot this summer. And hell 8 more bolts hold the engine in place. And then my wife said she wanted injection, and what kind of man would I be to deny her. Then 40 year old wiring to handle two electric fans and fuel injection? So that got all taken out. And if two hundred horses was good then more should be even better. The valve covers are Mickey Thompsons, and they are about 40 years old. The air cleaner has been sitting in the tralier, and to show you how old it is, it says made in taiwan. Going to try and have it done for Super Chevy next year. That should be a hoot, Kevin. Oh and I can honestly that the aluminum radiator has definitly kept the old girl from over heating this summer. Since its been in the garage all summer.
            Last edited by 1 Bad F N Z; 09-27-11, 04:48 PM. Reason: adding

Comment

Kev, take care of the ticker buddy, you got to enjoy that mighty pretty toyoter a lot longer.
              The only heart ache you need is when you bang it up at the hammers.
              The ole girl is looking mighty pretty

Comment

Looking good Kevin. Can't wait to see it back out on the trail.
                Check out .

Comment

Working...
                X