Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rick
    Galvanized conduit would be cool... less rust to worry about, but I wouldn't want to be the person welding it together...
    Yea, does that stuff spark a lot? or smoke a lot?
    B R E T T
    87 XJ 3" lift, 31s-thats all thats worth mentioning

Comment

Or give off deadly gas.....
      olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

Ding ding ding ding.... goodtimes wins the prize!!! A slow and agonizing death from inhaling zinc fumes... Well, perhaps slightly exaggerated, but it's pretty bad. Don't weld galvanized unless you are doing some seriously good ventilation. I'm not talking about just throwing a fan in front of it, you need a hood to ensure you don't breathe any of the fumes.
        1986 CJ-7; 4.6L stroker, balanced & blueprinted; 5" lift, 35x1250 MTRs, Poison Spyder Full Width kit,
        My Jeep

Moab Rocker Knocker Video:shades:

Comment

yup....I fingered that out after I did some work with galvanized (oops)...stuff really stinks, and you get this nice, cob-web like white stringy/powdery stuff along the weld....
          olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

hmmmm, i seem to remember the white stringy stuff when my cousin and i welded a conduit bumper for our death sled(dont bother askin) it also didnt smell nice and i can still remember the distinct smell...oh well
            B R E T T
            87 XJ 3" lift, 31s-thats all thats worth mentioning

Comment

Current Prices

Right now 3/4 x 11 gauge (.125) is running about $.75/ft and 1 x 11 gauge is running about $1.00. Depending on what you are planning on hauling you could even run tubing thinner than 11 gauge. We run 1/4" thick tubing and we are hauling 10' beams at 50 pounds a foot. But its up to you.

Andy
              Last edited by drewnuts; 06-10-04, 08:39 AM.
              6" Terflex, Teralow Short Shaft kit, JKS Disconnects, 33" BFG's, and a whole lot of stereo equipment...

Comment

Working...
              X