Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Track Bar

Going to cut off stock frame TB mount and use PP bracket. Do you guys think I could use a straight TB instead of the crooked Currie I have now?
    IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Originally posted by curtis View Post
    Going to cut off stock frame TB mount and use PP bracket. Do you guys think I could use a straight TB instead of the crooked Currie I have now?
    Use some junk tube and mock it up, then cycle the suspension with the springs out but the shocks on and see if it will clear, the reason for the bend is to clear the front diff cover, it can go forward some, but go to far and you might end up tangling it up with the draglink, so tack it in place and cycle, while you are at it stick a dana 60 under there so you can expand your play grounds lol wildman on the hammers would be a sight to behold lol

Comment

Just make sure that your steering drag link angle and trac bar angle to the axle ends up very close to the same angles or you will have some really bad bump steer.
      offroadwerkz.com
      (805) 642-8400 or 477-9977

Comment

Originally posted by fun4wheelerguy View Post
        Just make sure that your steering drag link angle and trac bar angle to the axle ends up very close to the same angles or you will have some really bad bump steer.
        End to end they need to be the same length or as close as possible and run parallel

Comment

while you are at it stick a dana 60 under there so you can expand your play grounds lol wildman on the hammers would be a sight to behold lol
          I'm looking for a CJ-7 with a chev V8 in it. Mom said she might let me build one more jeep if I put a full cage in it with side nets and wear a helmet.
          IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Comment

Originally posted by curtis View Post
            I'm looking for a CJ-7 with a chev V8 in it. Mom said she might let me build one more jeep if I put a full cage in it with side nets and wear a helmet.
            small price to pay for the toy you want right?

Comment

What do you guys think about this with my track bar mod

http://www.hipoparts.com/products/NA...ering-Box.html

Comment

Nice and cheaper than a forged one. Is the taper on the small end right?

Comment

I kinda like the Genright pitman arm

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                    I kinda like the Genright pitman arm
                    Yea so does Genright. For that kind of money I'll twist it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeeperator View Post
                      Nice and cheaper than a forged one. Is the taper on the small end right?
                      It says its threaded so it will need to be reamed

Comment

I know Genright loves their gold plated parts, mock up your suspension first then start visualizing your steering.
                        You need a handle of how the axle moves through it's entire suspension cycle before you know what to do with the steering.
                        Problem with the pitman arm you are looking at is that it's only 5" center to center TJ pitman arm is 6" center to center so you loose a fair amount of steering angle/ travel at the wheels.

Comment

My arm is 5.5 with a durango box. I guest I could just bend mine flat. I did it a long time ago, just need a press and some sand.

Comment

Ok going to leave my jeep almost like it is. Going to do a 6" stretch with a fuel cell in the back, also coils and shocks in the back. Maybe coilovers in the front. I need a jeep I can drive on the street and trails. Then I will start work on a buggy I can put on it's top and not worry about it. I need a jeep I can cruise around the trails in.

Comment

I am sure there's deals out there somewhere right now for a buggy allready done and fully capable. Just got to find them. If I see anything I will send it your way. You will obviously would save alot of $ and time compared to building one from scratch.

Comment

Working...
                              X