Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• projects @ LEADFOOT

been a bizzy few months for me... I thought about doin a build thread for every jeep I have had at the shop. but figured I would just put up a couple of pics of the latest stuff I have been up too..

A little history.. I used to run a OFF-ROAD shop full time for many years.. but with the down turn of the ecomomy not many people were spending 100k on sandcars anymore.. if that wasnt bad enough I got a divorce.. well Cali is a 50/50 state.. so you can guess how that ended up..

Well.. the past few years I have only been doin some small projects and prep work on cars I have built in the past.. Well a few months ago I began the process of gettin the shop back into full swing...
    the shop is called "LEADFOOT off-road"
    the website is still under construction LEADFOOToffroad.com should be up in the next 30 days..

I will be offering Parts, Service, Installation, Race Prep and Custom Fabrication..

Right now I am doing installs and Fab work in my backyard shop.. but I am shopping for a larger building as we speak..

Once everything is up we will be having a grand opening BBQ.. free LEADFOOT dogs of coarse.. lol

Some examples of work from the last few weeks..

Chico's 97 XJ "Rock sliders"
    Built some rock sliders.. using some 2x6, removed all but a 1/2" of the stock rocker.. Customer wanted a step bar as well..

Khoren (Bashies buddy)
    also did some rock slider work.. tucked up his existing sliders.. and tied them into the roll cage..

BEFORE!!

AFTER!!

Khoren's jeep is next in line for a bumper like I built for my XJ.

Also had Fred's "InlandZJ" Grand Cherokee at the shop over the weekend.. we also did some tucked up sliders.. ill post pics when I get them uploaded..

Simple little light rack for 4 hella 4000's

and I started this fuel cell mount today.. it ties into the cage on the front side already.. and will on the back side.. when I finish the cross bar to mount the rear shocks..

Last edited by LEADFOOTjosh; 11-11-10, 09:52 PM.
    [COLOR="Blue"]www.LEADFOOToffroad.com [/COLOR][COLOR="blue"][COLOR="Red"] COMING SOON!!![/COLOR][/COLOR]
    PARTS, SERVICE, INSTALLATION & CUSTOM FAB...

So.. if there is anything I can help you guys out with..

send me a message.. or give me a call 951-347-9840

thanks josh..
    [COLOR="Blue"]www.LEADFOOToffroad.com [/COLOR][COLOR="blue"][COLOR="Red"] COMING SOON!!![/COLOR][/COLOR]

Comment

Ya... buddy! Looking forward to my rear bumper and some frame stiffiners. Might be ready to roll with the big dogs. JK!

Thanks josh.

Comment

Nice looking work. We have a lot of talented Fabricators on this board.

Comment

Pics of "InlandZJ" Grand Cherokee

lol.. more sliders..

Cut cut cut.. lol

grippy steps.. lol

Sorry.. my camera took a crap.. so I have no detailed pic of the finished product.. but.. Fred sent this one to me to save the day.. lol

Comment

Nice work.

Comment

The work that Josh did was awesome. I have not been able to test her out yet been preoccupied with other things but hell ya I love them. Look forward on the front and rear in the near future. Just trying to convince the better half that I need this. Ha!Ha! (its for your protection) )

Comment

Josh,
                glad to hear you're getting back together. The stuff you're making looks nice, even if it is for a bus Good luck and if there is anything I can do to help let me know.
                [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

thanks for all the compliments...
                  has been a lot of fun working on the projects so far..
                  and looking forward to many more...

@kurt... I finished up another "BUS".. lol...

4.5" Rough Country Lift
                  with Adj Upper and Lower arms with Jonny Joints

32x11.50 BFG's on 15x8 D-ring style Black steelies

Customer is saving for a re-gear and some 33" Toyo's

Trimmed the wheel openings
                  Installed a Cobra CB..
                  And prepped floor for Rhino Linning.

Also built him a front bumper..
                  to hold a pair of Hella's and a XRC winch to be install later.. and I am working on the rear bumper this afternoon..

Comment

this one came back for a re-torque...

We installed a standard 4.5" RC lift
                    and he came back for his 300 mile re-torque..

this one is a 2wd.. but I found him a good deal on rolled 95 XJ.. which we are gonna swap the parts over to convert his to 4x4..

sorry for the crappy pic.. i took it with my cell..

Comment

Josh's work is really clean. He makes everything line up just right with the body. Eve the bumpers front and rear, real NICE!!!!

Josh, now it's time to tune up the Bashmobile. I would like a swiveling bbq support to come out of the rear bumper with the push of a button. It should hold a six burner grill. I would need the 5-gallon propane tank to be mounted underneath the passenger seat.
                      Also, a stainless steel sink would be nice, you know, to clean the "game" we hunt and to wash our hands.

Let's get to it. I'll drop her off tonight!

I See Detroit's in My Future:gun:

Comment

wow... been a bizzy bee.. didn't realize I haven't updated this thread since November..

well here is a few updates from some of our builds...

Built a Custom tube bumper for INLANDZJ.. bumper is built to hold a winch and 6" offroad lights..

Built a bumper for Joe from HYE Krawlers

Built some sliders for Jose's Bronco

Sorry I havent been posting stuff.. but were still burning metal on a daily basis over here at LEADFOOT offroad..

I am still offering a discount for all MJR members..

also.. check us out on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/LEADFOOToffroad

thanks LEADFOOTjosh
                        951-347-9840 Cell
                        909-622-4053 Shop
                        Last edited by LEADFOOTjosh; 04-07-11, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LEADFOOTjosh View Post

Built a Custom tube bumper for INLANDZJ.. bumper is built to hold a winch with 6" offroad lights..

Thats awesome! My winch doesn't even have lights.:devil:
                          Those left standing
                          Will make millions
                          Writing books on ways
                          It should have been
                          -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Scott, you have a winch? On your mazda?
                            If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Materdaddy View Post
                              Scott, you have a winch? On your mazda?
                              hahahaha...

Comment

Working...
                              X