Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muffler & cat(4 LINK)

What are you guys using for mufflers & cats on your 4 link rears? Can you leave the cat where it is and just get a smaller muffler?
    IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Thats what I did.Left the cat stock location and got some bent pieces from pep boys and a small glass pack and between the stock tail pipe and bends made it work.You could use a spintec or flowmaster also. I had to make a pipe from collector to cat with a dog leg in it to clear front upper link mount.Had muffler shop bend it for me.Used a piece of gas welding rod for template.Or the easy way out take it to muffler $$$hop
    You can make it

Comment

You got the glass pack at pep boys? I'm runing my three link on the DS, so I'm good there. Spintec & flowmaster both have those small ones but I hear there loud. Yours sounds good, so I will check pep boys.
      IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Comment

Originally posted by curtis View Post
        You got the glass pack at pep boys? I'm runing my three link on the DS, so I'm good there. Spintec & flowmaster both have those small ones but I hear there loud. Yours sounds good, so I will check pep boys.
        Curtis,
        I have a Spintech on mine and it's not too loud. You've heard it.
        [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
        [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
        http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Kurt I stand corrected, yours sounds good. Witch one do you have?

Comment

never heard of spintech before. where can u get them at? i know flow masters are good, but curious to know how the spintech compares. what are prices. i know u get get a flow master between 60 and 90 bucks depending on where u go.

Comment

I have a flowmaster now (40) and it is to big. They make a hushpower little one,but thats the one I hear is loud.

Comment

This is what genuine Spintech's sound like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71TJA9182OY

The Spintech I sold to Kurt was off a piece of farm equipment. It sounds a little different.

http://www.adoptafarm.com/sounds/baalots1.wav

Comment

I'm using a Honda cat and a Hushpower muffler. Small and compact. http://www.hushpower.com/product/31/...22+-+409S.html
                  I was told it would be very loud but it's not at all.

I had a Spintech but it was just to big. They do not make the small round ones that Kurt has anymore. The Spintech does have a really nice sound. It will be going on my truck.
                  Check out .

Comment

For the hassle involved with bending the tubing or piecing together a bunch of autozone bits, I'd take it to a muffler shop that knows how to bend pipe and have them do it. That is what I did... they fit the muffler on top of the flat skid plate and bent the pipe to miss the gas tank as well as the links in full articulation.

The cost was like 80 bucks including the muffler.
                    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                    ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Eirk I would usually just go to a muffler shop. But I have some free time at the moment, so I'm doing all the work myself to keep me sane. What do you guys think about Cherry bomb? Andrew do you mean if I get a spintech my jeep will sound like yours?

Comment

Originally posted by curtis View Post
                        Eirk I would usually just go to a muffler shop. But I have some free time at the moment, so I'm doing all the work myself to keep me sane. What do you guys think about Cherry bomb? Andrew do you mean if I get a spintech my jeep will sound like yours?
                        I think it is too loud.
                        >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                        ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

I got the spintech as recommended by Chuck and Kurt. It's very burly sounding. A bit droning on the road, but really nice around town and on the trail. It's a tiny little box of a muffler. Tucks up nice and high, and very out of the way.

In the future I might through some acoustimat under the carpet in the rear to dampen the sound for the kids to appease the wife, but right now my kids kinda dig it. No pics, sorry!
                          Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
                          Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
                          HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

Eirk do you know what muffler they put in yours?

Comment

Curtis thinking back I got the muffler at a muffler shop.It was next to the smallest one they had 12 inches long and 3 1/2 dia. not the best sound but plenty of room.
                              You can make it

Comment

Working...
                              X