Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeep drivetrain in my Chevy pickup?

I want to put a modern drivetrain in my 53 Chevy pickup. I think I can dress up a four liter stoker pretty nice. There is plenty of room in the engine bay because it came from the factory with a 216ci inline six. Jeep axles are the right width for the truck also so I am hoping to put a 2wd Cherokee beam axle in front so I can get good brakes and steering. I’m just in the brainstorming stage so I thought I would put a poll to see what yall think.
    No, it's awesome!
    75.00%
    Yes, what are you thinking?
    25.00%
    Last edited by OU812; 05-26-10, 12:06 PM.
    Those left standing
    Will make millions
    Writing books on ways
    It should have been
    -Incubus "Warning"

Originally posted by OU812 View Post
    I want to put a modern drivetrain in my 53 Chevy pickup. I think I can dress up a four liter stoker pretty nice. There is plenty of room in the engine bay because it came from the factory with a 216ci inline six. Jeep axles are the right width for the truck also so I am hoping to put a 2wd Cherokee beam axle in front so I can get good brakes and steering. I’m just in the brainstorming stage so I thought I would put a poll to see what yall think.
    I'm the RED bar in your survey. Make it work. That will be cool. You'll have a Jevy, homes....
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Another option, which one of my neighbors completed on a late 40's chevy, was complete s10 blazer chassis underneath the truck body.

Find a running s10(not hard for cheap). remove body, freshen up drivetrain. remove body from 53 and transplant.

Use a 4.3 chevy drivetrain, so that if the 4.3 does happen to die, the 5.7 swaps in with no adapters except an engine mount change.
      "It's Not Rocket Surgery"

Comment

I think it would be awesome to do something like this.
        http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showt...hlight=rat+rod
        Check out .

Comment

The body on my truck is nearly perfect. I don't want to cut it up. Besides I have a crawler. I need a hot rod. I like the idea of the Jeep inline six because it feels so similar to the Chevy six when you are driving. I like my Chevy six but I don't drive it because it’s kind of a pain to keep up with the points and the timing and the carb. By the time I put a TBI and electronic distributor on it I would still have a tired motor and have spent more than I would if I had done a motor swap.
          Those left standing
          Will make millions
          Writing books on ways
          It should have been
          -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

The Jeep 6 is a good engine, find a whole xj as a donor and go to town

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
              The Jeep 6 is a good engine, find a whole xj as a donor and go to town
              X2,Go Jeep.
              Kurt,a JEVY?? grrrr
              Dennis and Tammy
              Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

x2 on the 4.3. i love jeeps but im a big fan of the 4.3.

Comment

I've seen the s10/ 4.3 swap. Seems like a cool thing to do if ou have a s10. But I don't want a cool looking s10. I'd rather build my truck.
                  Those left standing
                  Will make millions
                  Writing books on ways
                  It should have been
                  -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Working...
                  X