Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• window net or handle bar-passenger

After physically seeing a flop, it got me thinking.

I need a set of handholds or window nets to keep all occupants arms and such inside the jeep.

Since I run with 2 passengers always in front I am considering adding a 1" bar U-shaped with padding so that they can both hold on. I would run it with pins to disconnect with two 1.5" tube pieces coming from the windshield bar on the rollcage.

Second thought is to run window net(s), a set in the rear for when i have the backseat in and a set in the front. The window nets would be more cumbersome for getting in/out of the front.

I did hear a couple people talking about UTV's and the arm strap/cord thingies they have but I think the kids would be driven up the wall by those.

Anyone else have some thoughts or advice?
    "It's Not Rocket Surgery"

Train your kids to either sit on their hands or hold the lap portion of their seat belts. If you have harnesses for them then they can hold onto the harness. When you get into rougher terrain, tell them something like "time to hold on". Make sure they know not let go until you say it's ok, no matter what happens. Practice with them.

You definitely don't want handles that are anywhere near the windows or rollcage...that's still dangerous.

Window nets are nice to hold things in, but they can still get injured.

Teaching them to hold on to their lap belt or sit on their hands is probably the safest thing. I have seen lots of the pro-rock crawlers train their kids this way. It's amazing to see a 2 year old in a car seat that automatically holds on to her harness straps when they hit the rough stuff!!

Comment

Working...
    X