Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long till that GO WHEELIN stage?
    IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

• Planning on spending a week at the hammers in early January. Right now waiting for the front axle shafts, they should show up sometime next week.

Comment

• Now thats a hardcore test run.
        IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Comment

• I can't tell from your picture what kind of hose you are planning on using on the output of the A/C compressor, but it gets really hot. When I did mine on my CJ7 oh so many years ago, I first used air line hose and a hose clamp. Blew that sucker off real quick! I had a high pressure hose built with the proper fittings to the compressor and my air manifold and never looked back.
          Rich

Comment

• Looking great Art. Did you have a problem getting the tie up on the high steer arms?
            Check out .

Comment

• It's hose that can stand a fairly high temperature, it's what is used on big rigs coming from their air compressor.
              Chuck the steering will get some more work, want to try to move the tierod higher, bending steering rams kinda sucks right.

Comment

• This much needed rain is driving me stir crazy, makes it a pain to work outside.
                Finally made some room in the garage and pulled the nose of my toy in so I could make some head way on the onboard air.
                After some more scrounging for fittings it actually fits quite nicely. If I am lucky and find a bit of dry weather I might just cook up some mounts for the air tank and run the rest of the airlines. Also found an airfilter that will work for what I want.

Comment

• Art what is the air fliter off of?

Comment

• No idea, was digging through filters at the local autozone on Saturday. It's a STP filter, will look up the application after work.

Comment

• yea would like to know number of fliter.

Comment

• Curtis filter brand and number
                        STP SA6543

Here is more info, seems like it's a filter for a Honda Prelude

http://www.framcatalog.com/PartDetai...?b=F&pn=CA6543
                        Last edited by aw12345; 12-21-10, 05:11 PM.

Comment

• Thanks Art just what I've been looking for!

Comment

• After the Christmas break I am going hard at it again, just came back from the steelyard for some goodies.
                            This is the route I am going for sliders, once the rest of the body mounts are raised it will fit quite nicely, not weigh a ton and be pretty darn strong and nice and smooth underneath

Well of to fire up the plasma cutter and whip this into shape

Comment

• I like where it's going

Comment

• What a difference 1" makes

What a difference an inch makes, seems like raising the body mounts and using the stock pucks is not a bad idea at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X