Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrblaine View Post
    What size are the tires?

I'm pretty sure in his other thread he said they were 39's.
    "The Jeep...is a fitting instrument to transport the free people of a free nation with the respect to which we are entitled and the dignity that we deserve."

Comment

I got till next hammer season to get it all shoe horned in so, no I am not going to limit up travel if I have to straighten the front frame horns I will. Or what ever else it takes, to make it work the way I want. I got plenty of time and patience. The tires are 39.5 " pitbulls. Will pickup some nice 6160T6 for the belly today

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
        I guess this is the fun part to make things work the way you want and deal with any and all challenges that pop up
        Patience is the key Art. I have had to change my front set up a few times now. Originally I had planned on mounting the upper front link on the driver’s side of the axle but had to change it to the passenger side due to clearance issues.

Unless you plan on totally redoing the frame or having a stupid high belly height you are somewhat limited to location.

I really wanted 103” wheel base but it just isn’t going to happen. Steering gear and gas tank will limit that but I choose to keep my tank in the rear and choose not to run full hydro. You need to build around your choices.
        Check out .

Comment

ART, seeing how I once owned that jeep, and seeing how I love CJs so much, could you do me a favor and do the CJ tailgate?h and add some lites in teh grill like a CJ too. I alsways had those 2 projects in mind and would love to see them on that jeep.
          censored for having an opinion

Comment

I'll take that in consideration Jim. It's pretty far down on the list of things to do though

Comment

Chuck it sure is a tight affair under those Jeeps isn't it. Mine will have a fuel cell in the bed right behind the seats so plenty of room for the rear axle. Still have the little yellow Jeep for camping trips. You could always built a small offroad trailer for the expedition stuff. I have been wondering why the preferred location of the upper trilink is on top of the pumkin. In my case I could move it somewhat of center to the driver side to gain some clearance. Probably will not work for you due to the narrower frame. The belly height of my put put Jeep will stay between 23-24"

Comment

Art. location of the tri link can change, remember my setup, effectivly it is on the bottom and the top. a custom bracket to grab that diff where you want would not be a hard thing to do, just look at your setup on Lil Yellow and think a bit, I can see it already
                censored for having an opinion

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                  Chuck it sure is a tight affair under those Jeeps isn't it. Mine will have a fuel cell in the bed right behind the seats so plenty of room for the rear axle. Still have the little yellow Jeep for camping trips. You could always built a small offroad trailer for the expedition stuff. I have been wondering why the preferred location of the upper trilink is on top of the pumkin. In my case I could move it somewhat of center to the driver side to gain some clearance. Probably will not work for you due to the narrower frame. The belly height of my put put Jeep will stay between 23-24"
                  Yes it is. Even if I did move the tank inside I still could not go back any further. I do not want a comp cut in the rear. Trying to keep it some what legal.
                  Check out .

Comment

Here are a couple threads about a CJ gate on a TJ...

LINK 1

LINK 2

Pretty sweet if you ask me.

Michael
                    1996 Jeep Cherokee Sport
                    3" Rough Country Lift

Comment

Originally posted by 4rheel View Post
                      i vote obama, i mean drop gate, do a build thread on it
                      x2. Do a build thread

Comment

I wan't do do this with my YJ. IM doing it the poser way though.
                        http://www.swagoffroad.com/YJ_Tail_Gate.html
                        Those left standing
                        Will make millions
                        Writing books on ways
                        It should have been
                        -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

I put one on my Jeep. Its definitely one of the best modifications I've done.:haha:

Comment

Working...
                          X