Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Because of the torque converter in the auto trans makes rock crawling a whole lot easier

Comment

There used to be a place called Islands powdercoating in or near elmonte that could sandblast and powder coat for a pretty reasonable cost. Big items like your frame are no problem for these guys. If you just want to sand blast they will do that also. About 5 years ago I had them blast and powdercoat a 2003yamaha yz 250 frame,Jetpump I rebuilt and blue printed and a bunch of other boat parts. All turned out really nice. I do not know if they are still in business though.

Comment

Your build is looking good! I also know a powder coater that will blast the frame and tub as well. It's in Anaheim, next to Dinny land...
        [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
        [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
        http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
          Because of the torque converter in the auto trans makes rock crawling a whole lot easier
          If rock crawling were easy, what would be the point?
          holes = cowbell

Comment

Thanks for the input on the powder coating. Ryan went ahead and used a grinder and a portable sandblaster we had in the garage from many moons ago that he used to clean the frame up. He then used a rattle can rustoleum to keep it from rusting again before he can start the boxing of the frame. I think he will need some help soon talking through setting up the new motor and trans config. He also recieved a shook hoop that goes in the front for longer shocks but I am not sure he knows exactly what to do with it...

If there is any one that might like to mentor a new jeep fabber I think he could use the help. His dad is a very good mechanic but we have not gone this far into a build with the suspension. Our experience is more with 70's GM mechanical (el camino and skylarks, etc..)

Thanks for everyones input!

Comment

Working...
            X