Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overhead CB Mount - Po-Boy Fabbin' Again

Well I didn't like my cb mounted under the dash by my right knee. I couldn't see or hear it very well. I built an overhead rack out of 1" alum angle and 1" flat alum. Max7 furnished the dome lights for it. For the mount to the windshield frame I used a old CB mounting bracket (Po-boys never throw anything away - you never know when it might come in handy!).

I know SS hose clamps may seem funky but the sure tightened up well. I couln't think of any other cheap & easy way to mount to the roll bar!

I just realized looking at the photo that I will have to reposition the hose clamps next spring when I remove the hard top and install the bikini top or it will wear a hole in it.
    SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
    MJR moderator
    MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
    Jeep Patrol Leader
    Reforestation Supervisor
    Licensed Ham - n6ujm
    Eagle Scout

Nice work roger. My 2m is held up with hose clamps too. I havn't even need to tighten them. I like the dome light too.
    Those left standing
    Will make millions
    Writing books on ways
    It should have been
    -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Dang Roger looks good, Hey maybe one day all your PO Boy idea,s will make money for ya..lol
      "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

Nice!

Too bad you didn't have another CB mounting bracket for the roll bar side that the hose clamps could go around.

Christian
        "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

Comment

Originally posted by headhunter View Post
          Nice!

Too bad you didn't have another CB mounting bracket for the roll bar side that the hose clamps could go around.

Christian

Hummm.... I don't have another one that size, but I could make one out of a Simpson plate strap. Thanks for the inspiration Christian!
          SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
          MJR moderator
          MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
          Jeep Patrol Leader
          Reforestation Supervisor
          Licensed Ham - n6ujm
          Eagle Scout

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
            Hummm.... I don't have another one that size, but I could make one out of a Simpson plate strap. Thanks for the inspiration Christian!
            I didn't even think about using all of the stuff that Simpson makes. They've got a bunch of cool stuff that we could repurpose. I feel a recon trip to Home Depot coming on!

Christian
            "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

Comment

You'd be amazed at how many hobbies can be "facilitated" by Home Depot/Lowes. I'm painting a foam (elapor) pusher RC jet right now - instead of dragging out the airbrush and the expensive paints - $4 a can spray Rustoleum from Home Depot
              Jeff
              OHV76V
              KG6TY
              You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

Cool rack Roger......

......I forgot to look at it the other day when you mentioned it, sorry, guess I was caught up in airing up and jumped inside quickly cause it was cold. Remind me next time so I can have a looksee......
                John & Kristi

Comment

Working...
                X