• Show
Clear All

• planning on building a bumper for 96 xj

anyone got any ones they like, non winch

front or rear????????

Comment

oh non winch guess thats front...

Comment

check out Icelandoffroad.com, I like the stuff they got, looking to go to them for my WJ when I get the cash. They have lightweight bumpers and fender flares and stuff, if you want winch or non-winch they got it. I don't want to add a lot of weight to my Daily driven WJ, but I do want to lift it and make it more capable offroad.
        :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

wow they got some heavy duty stuff. ive got an XJ (kinda rare on this site).

Comment

Originally posted by beercandan View Post
            ive got an XJ (kinda rare on this site).
            Not as rare as you think. There are lots of XJ people here.
            Those left standing
            Will make millions
            Writing books on ways
            It should have been
            -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Yeah, I know ... XJ ... Iceland has XJ stuff as well as ZJ and WJ stuff, the ZJ and WJ's are in all the pic's though :devil:

Comment

Fiberglass...interesting. You know wood is still considered to be the all-around best material by some boat wrights... got me thinking of a wooden bumper!
                holes = cowbell

Comment

I built this one last year very cheap, scroll down to the build. You did say build right? Just an option.

http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=13224

I built a second one for my step-son's xj and he just pile-drived something going 65 mph, it prevented the xj getting totalled.

Comment

yeah, the fiberglass thing gets a lot of hits from all over, but there are not very many winch bumpers out there that only weigh 55 lbs. and since this is gonna stay a daily driver (until I roll it er, um .. cough.. MITCH.. cough..) I want to save on the weight, and keep it as low (c.g.) as possible with as much clearance as possible- and the Iceland dudes seem to have the same thought.

sorry about the :hijack:

Comment

you didnt highjack i dont care just input is all good for me

Comment

Working...
                      X