Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got a plan, what to do first.

Im going to lift my rig 4.5" and putting 33s (or 6" with 35s) but also need lockers and a new gear ratio. What shall I do first? What are some good items without hyperextending my budget?

LoL!! JEEP = Just Empty Every Pocket! There is no way not to "Hyperextend the budget" when your fixing up a JEEP! Unless of course you have an abundance of spare coin layin around then,..... "The sky's the limit!"

As for me,...(There's NO abundance of spare coin laying around here!) I went with the lift first, then Tire's, then Gears and Locker. It's taken me several long years to get my stuff and get it installed. I have changed my plans several times after talking to other Jeepers about their experiences.

Best advise is to learn to Wheel you rig "OPEN" first! get comfy with it. Do your research, talk to other XJ owners and Jeepers and find out what they have done or what's failed for them. There's tons of info out there and so much to choose from.

Scott

More :2:...... I guess I had a few extra!
    "I got your Jeep Thing....Now it burns when I pee!" :fire:

Comment

Ha! I agree with Scott. Wheel the thing until you are annoyed with something. Then upgrade that 'thing'. Jeeps are freakin' amazing as to what they can do. And, it is a slower drain on the pockets...

You can drop a load of cash and get a Jeep that is far more capable than the driver (no offense intended!), but the experience that you gain by finding a way to get your stock+ Jeep through the trail is 'priceless' as Visa says. When you upgrade, you will find that the principles still apply and your 'lesser' Jeep will still be able to follow the big, bad boys!
      [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
      Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
      [/COLOR]

Comment

Thanks for the advice guys lol this will all of course be done in time but I may need to get another vehicle unless mine will be mobile through transitioning

Comment

Working...
        X