Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brainstorming thread

OK so I plan on getting married sometime in the next year, and with that comes a house on post, which means the buggy gets to move to Cali...

Thing is I want to upgrade, I'm going to just grab a new set of front leaves and wheel while I gather parts.

Plan is this:

Front:
    - Hidden 3 link w/ Panhard
    - D60, ford chevy dodge doesnt matter whatever is cheapest ( the benefit of having a flipped d300)pref dodge or chevy for cheap, 4.10 gears and its easier to run the upper opposite the starter side of the motor
    - Coilovers, Airshocks or Coils, really depends if I can borrow a tube bender and funds
    - Keeping hydro assist, but will probably have to build a new tierod
    - This will give me new tube work up front with an engine hoop for the inevitable roll out here

Rear:
    - Depends on the front, if I go coils it will just get some stock upcountry xj leaves if coil overs it will get tri-4-link and coils if I go Airshocks it will get those
    - 14bff, c&c 4.10s
    - Some minor tube mods

Body:
    - It will finally get skinned,
    - Some other minor changes

Ok so thats the plan, But seeing how I am still working on paying off shit from college and past builds. I need to start pricing/putting away money. But to price I need suppliers...

So the question comes, where is a good place to buy some DOM in so cal?

How bout some offroad shops for coilover pricing local?

Oh and as far as tires, they will be staying the current tires till bald or destroyed. The 14 and 60 will be shaved to have about the clearance of a 44/8.8 combo.

Anyway if you have some prefered suppliers post up a list. Who knows if this will happen in the next year or not (the build up that is) as rumor has it we will be coming down on orders for Afghanistan in the next month or two. Which means I'll have more than enough $$$$$$. But as of now not so much :lol:
Working...
X