Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CJ7 Metamorphosis

When I bought my CJ it was bone stock other than shackles, fuel injection, 33's and a missing front drive shaft. If it had been wheeled, it couldn't have been much. The skid plate looked untouched and the body was pristine.

I only drove it one time, I took it to Miller and ran the trail in rear wheel drive. The following week it went into the shop for a Warn link suspension, NV4500, D44 front and D60 rear. Over the years it's gone through several major changes and revisions, but the basic drive train and overall dimensions stayed about the same.

This last build changed all that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMlJVzDjjkY

Very Bad Ass

The fact that you had 6 minutes worth of upgrade pictures is impressive enough. That is one clean job you did, very nice.....looks great!

Comment

I have been on the trail with Andrew and this jeep is one real work of art. You did a great job Andrew.
      IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Too awesome!
        I'll keep my money, guns and freedom...you can keep the "Change".

Comment

this is one awesome build !!

Comment

Thanks guys, I'm happy with the way it's turning out. Other than picking the components, overall dimensions and certain aspects of the design, I had very little to do with the fabrication.

Comment

Whoever built it for you Andrew, did a heck of a nice job, very nice design and setup

Comment

Andrew,

Is this how it was set up when I met you at Means Dry Lake? I'm pretty sure I reconized the axles. I had to wipe the drool off them before anyone saw me.... What a great Cj7
                SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
                MJR moderator
                MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
                Jeep Patrol Leader
                Reforestation Supervisor
                Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                Eagle Scout

Comment

Originally posted by Double AA View Post
                  Thanks guys, I'm happy with the way it's turning out. Other than picking the components, overall dimensions and certain aspects of the design, I had very little to do with the fabrication.
                  Hmm... so you picked the components.... dimensions.... and certain design aspects... who tackled the bill for you? PM me his information so I can do the same with my TJ. :devil:
                  Last edited by Materdaddy; 10-18-09, 06:44 AM.
                  If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

yeh, WOW man, that is a sick CJ! awesome!
                    :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

[COLOR="Sienna"]Andrew, you know I think that CJ is just awesome. Have you given any thought to my proposal to swap it straight across for a slightly rusted CJ5 that could use some love??
                      The offer is still on the table.[/COLOR]
                      [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
                      Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

bitchin build man. Liked it on pirate and seeing it in person.
                        Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Art, Jesse, thanks for the comments, I appreciate it.

Roger, I can't tell you how happy I am to find out that was drool. When you saw it at FITD it was the same a the pictures.

Nick, I'm still mulling over your offer. I'll get back to you on that.

Josh, how's your build coming along? I hope you're getting close, we're coming into prime season.

Comment

Working...
                          X