Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vehicle Code for Jeeps

I have an '05 TJ Rubicon to which I installed a pair of flat fenders on the front and removed the flares from the rear. My plan is to cover the rear corners with a pair of corner guards, etc. However, I am not sure if the flares are required. Does anyone know the interpretation of the law? Any suggestions?
    "I never drive faster than I can see and besides, it's all in the reflexes." Jack Burton

It is illegal in California to have any portion of the tire extend outside the body without running mudflaps.

City cops won't give you a ticket for it, but CHP will.

In practice, I have always run a couple inches outside the flares and never been hassled. Removing the flares entirely is inviting trouble.
    '96 XJ, HP D30 front, XJ D44 rear, Lockright/E-Locker, 4.56's, Cobra CB, 33" Pro Comp xTreme MT's, SYE, Smittybilt XRC10 winch with Synth Rope, mutt lift.

Comment

screw em

i always just lived by the rule if they cant follow they cant give me a ticket. hit the dirt and ditch em. j/k mud flaps as wide as the tire solves all ur problems withg the law.

Comment

Working...
      X