Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Schmo View Post
    I remember that spot well . . . I think I was in that same position for a couple of days grinding on that damn bracket . . . listening to Josh's words of encouragement . . . "what's taking you so long . . . my side is already done"!!! Good Times

Roger...still no scratches (that count to ya'll anyway)
    hey that was true. I was serious too. you were wondering how I finished my track bar bracket so fast on the passenger side frame.
    Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Originally posted by rickashay View Post
      Hey Joe,
      I'm thinking about heading to BB again this weekend, Lets at least get the thing dirty. Been thinking about the Rock Hard adds myself. Does anyone know how well these add-ons hold up?

I bet I could be convinced to join you!!! What do you think about starting in Lucerne and taking RattleSnake up to BB or something different. Need to mix it up a bit.

Originally posted by New2image View Post
      I know where you can get a Killer deal on that! LOL
      Call me if you are serious have a pallet coming to me with free Freight.
      Rick 805.890.4626
      I saw this note on the Rock Hard Site:
      "NOTE: 2003 Windshield Side Moldings Removed and Replaced with 1997 - 2002 Moldings: "

So do you need to do this on all 03 and later models?

Originally posted by Tomb Raider 940 View Post
      hey that was true. I was serious too. you were wondering how I finished my track bar bracket so fast on the passenger side frame.
      That was a cruel joke . . . I couldn't figure out what was taking me so long after you were finished so quickly . . . your special technique only goes so far. (so did you google Harley images and have your avatar on a 10 minute rotation or what . . . get to work Sparky )
      That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

I bet I could be convinced to join you!!! What do you think about starting in Lucerne and taking RattleSnake up to BB or something different. Need to mix it up a bit.

"NOTE: 2003 Windshield Side Moldings Removed and Replaced with 1997 - 2002 Moldings: "

That was a cruel joke . . . I couldn't figure out what was taking me so long after you were finished so quickly . . . your special technique only goes so far. (so did you google Harley images and have your avatar on a 10 minute rotation or what . . . get to work Sparky )
        no. Is hard trying to fit a pic. you have to have really small avatars here.

so whats the next mod for the schmo-bucket?
        Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

so whats the next mod for the schmo-bucket?
          LCA skids . . . when are you going to be around???

Comment

)
            I took of my molding and put a dremel to them and retained the stock moldings I guess you could but I modified mine.
            2002 Grand Cherokee 4.7 V-8 3.5OME 5100 JK Rubi Rims

"Never argue with a fool they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Comment

Originally posted by New2image View Post
              I took of my molding and put a dremel to them and retained the stock moldings I guess you could but I modified mine.
              Got any pics? How much did you have to shave off?

Comment

Had to trim the molding on Desert Jewel's rig for the Rock Hard, you don't have to remove much, it's just a clearance issue. You don't notice really, after the bars are in.
                :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

yup X2
                  2002 Grand Cherokee 4.7 V-8 3.5OME 5100 JK Rubi Rims

"Never argue with a fool they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Comment

Looks really good man! Good job!

Comment

LCA skids . . . when are you going to be around???
                      be at my house on saturday I will do them then
                      Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Gotta love those cheap mods that change the look for the better!
                        Did my sons TJ shortly after it got home. It was cheaper than a custom bumper and will work for a while.

all the cool kids are doing it! Note we cut it a little shorter and moved the lights in some. Flat tube fenders goin on in the future so we wanted to be able to see the CJ turn signals we will be installing into the grill.

Comment

be at my house on saturday I will do them then
                          Sounds like a plan to me . . . just tell me what time!

Just placed an order for the RockHard front cage set up, so it looks like that will indeed be the next project for the schmo-bucket.

Comment

your outta control joe. and with a cage you will be even more dangerous with the scratches
                            Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Finally got around to getting the Currie mini skids welded on the front LCA brackets . . . sure seems like they'll add a lot of strength to the otherwise flimsy brackets. Gives me a little peice of mind. All that armor I've got under the Jeep has really done it's job . . . had some really nice scars on my front diff slider that would have meant a new front DS if the armor wasn't there . . . nice to see my money was well spent!!! Thanks again Josh . . . looks like I've got some more grinding time on your Rubgie in my future . . . I need to build up my Tomb Raider credits again! Especially with my cage peices on the way

Last edited by Schmo; 07-18-09, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Ever since I got pulled over and ticketed for not having covers on my off road lights, I've been contemplating different ideas as I hate the cheesy plastic covers that came with the lights. I've thought about painting the covers, but they are kinda bulky so I started playing around with other ideas. Came up with this tonight. Con-Tact paper and a Sharpie!!! Peals right off without leaving a sicky mess. Whatcha think?

Comment

Working...
                                X