Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do i 86 the front fenders

i just resently hit a tree with my tj and ruined the front of my right fender how do i remove the front fenders all to gether kinda like those extreme crawlers

are you serious. this is your first post.
    Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

one option, cheapest fastest way would be to just use a sawzall and cut as close to the hood as possible..few downsides are the loss of front and side marker lights, as well as the latch to hold down your hood. is this a straight trail rig? never street driven? do you have hood pins? with the fenders gone im almost certain you will get ticketed on the street. best of luck, sorry to hear about the wreck

Comment

Originally posted by Tomb Raider 940 View Post
        are you serious. this is your first post.
        why do you say that?

Comment

Didnt sound like a serious post. most people introduce themself first.

but what are you trying to do here. any pics of what you want your jeep to look like?
          Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Might I suggest you just bend it back out?

Even though they may be bent, they still protect further damage to your vehicle. The last thing you want is to take that same impact on your unprotected hood.

Ive hit mine numerous times, and have bent them back. If you are planning on removing them altogether, consider some sort of protection with either tubed flat fenders or something else.

Ive seriously considering going tube fenders, but am hesitant because the strength of the tube will just transfer the impact to somewhere else. I have friends that have taken an impact on their tube fenders, and end up with a slightly twisted tub, unable to fit their doors anymore. Just some food for thought.

Welcome to the board!

Tam
            Last edited by Dukes69; 05-09-09, 12:46 AM.
            2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
            Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

welcome thunderjeep, like Tam said tube fenders will work, and i think they look sweet........

Comment

To answer your question, you remove the bolts that attach the fender to the grill, and remove the bolts that attach the fender to the tub (you can access these through the engine compartment). You seem to be set on the idea, but there are other options that might look a little bit better.
                95 YJ
                2.5L Low Output, 4.5" RE, 35" KM2's, D30 Aussie, 8.8, TeraLow 4:1, Outdoor Logic custom fab - Cage, Tube fenders, Sliders, and more.

Comment

i cut the fenderof at least the passenger one i dont know how to upload picsbut i have a few it looks great at least im my opinion

Comment

Working...
                  X