Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audio System

Hey I am new to the site. I do not have a jeep yet but I am just wondering what you do for sound? I was looking at a TJ. I know it has or you can get a sound bar. Where would you put more speakers?

Welcome to the site!

There are plenty of spots for extra sound -- I was worried when I got my Jeep too. I run some 5 1/4" RF's in my soundbar (I have the "old" soundbar with only two speakers) and some Clif Designs up in front in the dash. I also have a lock-a-trunk with a 10" sub and two amps.

With all of that, my Jeep sounds awesome!! Of course you lose some noise without a top on, but there is still PLENTY to go around.

If you look at any of the aftermarket catalogs there are many other places to stick more speakers, including next to the door jam, above the wheel well, and they now have new sound bars with 4+ speakers in them. YOu can also get a center console with a small sub in it.

Don't worry, there are plenty of options!
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply. I have been looking around and I looks like most people are going 6 1/2 in their sound bar. And there is a mount from offroadtoystore.com that is 5 1/4 so you get alittle bigger there. I want a 10' sub but, I want room for all of my other gear. So I will have to look around.

Comment

There is still plenty of room if you take out the back seat for trail rides. Although, it does restrict the easy access to the rear area, and if that's really important to you I wouldn't recommend the lock-a-trunk. You can probably put some 6x9s or bigger in storage cases above the wheel wells to get a little deeper tones.

Good luck in your search, there are a few other Jeepers on this site with custom sound systems, I'm sure they'll write in soon.

Comment

Hiding 5.25" speakers in the dash using 33-Engineering plates (jeepin.com)
          Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
          2003 TJ Rubicon: 4.5" OME coils; RE SF2; NthDegree TT/oilpan skid/shock shifters; FXD rock rails; Anti-Rock; 5150'

Comment

JM that was exactly what I was thinking. The bracket. Thanks!

Comment

CONGRATS on the new Jeep 5150!!

Comment

Thanks! I will post some pictures soon.

Comment

Working...
                X