Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeepenstein ii / urban assault vehicle

My wife finally found my camera, so I took pics of my 1993 ZJ. Since I got it, it has been what feels like a mad rush of excitment to work on it and change stuff up. My last Jeep was a 1994 XJ... it was the whole reason I'm doing what I am with the ZJ. So, the "BIG" plans entail my own 7" L/A lift with triangulated upper arms, Upgraded axles, lockers, bumpers, roll cage, seats, and much more I can't remember.

So far I have all my bucket seats and the rear two are already fab'd in, the front two will be done this monday. I have also started to brace the front-end for my bumper. Most of the interior is stripped out, the only stuff left is the dash and door panels, I plan on Rhino-lining the entire inside that doesn't have factory panels.

The Jeepenstein II comes from the footsteps of my first Jeep. After I had wrecked it and pieced it back together it had looked like it was a Frankenstein, so the name Jeepenstein was born. Well, after I got rid of the first one I have been going nuts about getting another Jeep. So I figured this one will be number two. The Urban Assault Vehicle is derived from the "MILITARY" theme I'm going for. It'll be painted the ( ARMY SAND TAN) color with black steel wheels and black bumpers. And other little details.

Do you all want to see pics now? Here you go....

BEFORE WORK HAS BEEN DONE:

NOW FOR "IN PROGRESS"

Last edited by utah_redneck; 03-16-09, 05:56 PM.
    MY JEEP ROCKS... DOES YOURS'?

Redneck small talk:
    D'jeet? No, d'ju? Yump-to? Aiaght.

This sounds like a killer build up. I am looking forward to all the pics. I like the colors you are going to be using.
    Those left standing
    Will make millions
    Writing books on ways
    It should have been
    -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Thanks, here's a couple more. I got the front buckets in and got the shift boots on.

Redneck small talk:

Comment

I got two of the four belt harnesses today, monday they'll be mounted and in two weeks I'll have the other harnesses and mounted. And monday I'll have more pics.

Redneck small talk:

Comment

right on lookin good, i love zjs

Comment

Project update

So yesterday (sunday) I went to the junkyard and got me a new engine harness and a 231 t/c. And today I got the harness in and the t/c cleaned up and ready to install. Now I still have the same issues with it not staying running. It has good fuel supply and spark...I think it might be the crank sensor. It'll fire for a sec then die. Any suggestions?

Redneck small talk:

Comment

Project update

So I finally got my Jeep running again. And I got the front receiver welded in. Will post update pics soon.

Redneck small talk:

Comment

Project update

HERE'S A FEW OF THE LATEST PICS.

Redneck small talk:

Comment

Project update

SO THIS WEEKEND WAS A BUSY ONE. GOT A GREAT FIND ON A FRONT DRIVER DROP D44, COMPLETE! AND I DECIDED TO FOLLOW IN THE ORIGINAL "JEEPENSTEIN"S FOOTSTEPS AND BACK-CUT THE TOP. AND ON MY STOCK FRONT AXLE, I REPLACED THE WHEEL BEARING AND SHAFT U-JOINTS. THEY WERE HORRIBLE! NOW IT DRIVE LIKE A DREAM. HERE'S THE PICS:
                  THIS IS THE FR. AXLE FIX.

AND THIS IS MY NEW D44 FIND.

AND HERE'S THE BACK-CUT PROGRESS:

Redneck small talk:

Comment

lookin' sweet! I am diggin' this build, keep it up!
                    :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Working...
                    X