Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring ~ Once and for all..

[COLOR="Sienna"]Wiring SUX! With Barb's YJ being carb'd & smog gunk removed; I've finally had it with the miles of extra, useless, wiring in her Jeep.

The plan...hook it up to run on a starter button and get rid of all the extra CRAP I don't need. Easier said than done, I know, but that's the plan.

So...tonight...after much labeling and tracing...I talked to the 19yr old about my plans. The YJ threw up.

[CENTER]Spaghetti anyone?

If you need one of these...I don't know if it actually works...but you can't beat free.
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
    Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Got rid of the retard box did ya

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
      Got rid of the retard box did ya
      [COLOR="Sienna"]yeah...I just hope many of my assumptions are correct. [/COLOR]

Comment

all that box ever did was retard the timing they run quite well without them

Comment

[COLOR="Sienna"]My assumtion was that it's been running for some time without it. I run an HEI distributor, so I figured I'd alread bypassed it when I yanked all the smog stuff off of it.[/COLOR]

Comment

If I remember correctly they used a ford module and pickup coil and its fairly easy to bypass that thing in the original setup. Did that a long time ago on One of those 4wheeldrive AMC cars cannot thing of the model name but was quite simple and it ran much better. Simple wiring is always better in my book.
            Especially out in the sticks when you have to fix it
            The simpler the better

Comment

Working...
            X