Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally finished my bead locks

After getting my son's roll over fixed I had time to spend on my jeep. Decided to finish the bead locks I started earlier.

This is the concept drawing I used to design the hardware

Heres the blanks cut out ready to weld.

And here are the finished bead locks mounted and aired up.

The hardest part were the 180 bolts to tighten and torque down, it took lots of :beer::beer: to get this done. Other than that it wasn't a bad jaob to do. I tig welded the bolt rings to theels for I would have nice clean welds and no leaks. I am pretty satisfied with them. Next are custom tube fenders front/ rear and a custome cage.

Those are sweet Nice job....Where did you get them cut?
    Head nut at Outdoorlogic
    Like us on face book to get updates about local runs, and monthly sales specials
    www.facebook.com/outdoorlogic

Comment

A friend of mine owns a machine shop with a water jet. We used scrap stainless that was laying around the yard.

Comment

thats cool
        Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Damn! those are sweet Great job, cool idea...
          "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

Nice design,CJ looks good with the new shoes.How's your Boy doing,good I hope?
            Dennis and Tammy
            Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

The boy's doing fine, he went back to work last August and his jeep is coming along nicely. He'll be able to make the Molina run this year. Still have to build that cage though.

I like the wheels, took 10 oz. of BB's to balance and it's really cool when you come to a stop sign. The BB's all fall to the bottom and make a cool hissing sound as they bunch back up in the bottom of the tire, makes everyone look. I have had them on now for 3 days at various pressures and still no leaks. We'll try them out at TDS this weekend.

Comment

Good to hear for sure,got 3 of my own just starting drive'n.Heard of BB's for balance sounds like they work,cool.
                Dennis and Tammy
                Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

The BB’s worked, Igofshn (also on MJR) took me out to the Navy base to try and balance it on the spin balancer but I made the inner diameter about a ¼” to small so it wouldn’t fit, have the make the next set larger. So went to the BB’s for balancing. I started off with 8 oz, and then went to 10. Igofshn has this cool manual bead breaker so all I had to was break the rear bead and drop the BB’s inside.
                  My 13 year old (going on 18 year old) son is talking about getting a Cherokee for his first car and wants fix it all up, so we may go that route. Time to start looking.

Comment

Working...
                  X