Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rebuilding A roll Over

Well it's been almost a year since my son rolled his CJ5 trying to impress the girls. He broke his back in four places and wasn't very impressive to the ladies during that time. He's back to work and we have begun to fix what he broke.

Heres the jeep 1 week after the Central Valley Molina run.

We started by baging out the tub and getting everything straight again. Sorry we didn't take photo's of that part, it was just mangled steel.

Here we have started building tube fenders. We bought a 79 CJ7 for donor parts and used the wheel wells from it.

Here's another pic of the fender fromthe other side.

As a side note I have been working on my CJ7 as well, here is my stab at building my own DIY beadlocks
    The inner and outer rings cut out

The weld ring

The Beadlock ring

I'll post more photo's of the CJ5 build soon.

Clay,
    Hope your son's recovery is going well. Looks like you also have a pretty good project (rebuild) to keep you busy.
    Hey, those are some cool looking beadlocks! Did you fab them or where did you get them?
    Would love to get me some, once I start working fulltime again.

Tony

Comment

I fabbed the beadlocks myself and yes it's going to be a job to get the CJ5 back to where it use to be. Hope to have it ready for the next Molina run at Holister.

As for beadlocks, there are a lot of DIY kits you can buy, but I wanted something that noone else had.

Comment

Well this weekend was a great weekend to get the 77/CJ5 up and running again. We finished the fenders, got the hood and body all leveled and aligned once again, mounted a windsheild, and bolted in a factory roll bar. The roll cage build will start soon (god knows he needs one) Here are some updated photo's

View of one of the fenders.

Front view

Side view

And the test drive

We still have lots of work to do, but not too bad for only $600 (not counting the beer).

Comment

mmmmmm beer.

looking good.
          Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

All good builds involve beer, hell everything involves beer.

Josh are you going to TDS. Al and I are going and will have the MJR banner displaying at our camp site, stop by and have a beer with us if you go.
            Last edited by cweed; 02-15-09, 09:27 PM.

Comment

Well, we got the rest of the body work done and was sitting arounf drinking a beer, ok several and saw a pair of my 8 years shorts as he walked by. They were blue camo. So after a few more beers (to steady the hand) we started painting. Here is what we came up with.

Ok not your traditional olive drap, but we were pretty happy with the outcome. All in all it came to $50 for the paint.

Comment

that looks awsome! theres an old cj7 here in town, not sure of the year, but the guy want $7000 for it and its in some pretty shody shape.
                :devil: Giffer

Comment

Holy smokes, we bought this one for $3000, did some work to it and as you can see did more. Even with the whole rebuild after the wreck we might have $5,000 into the jeep. That guy must have a lot of emotional value attached to it.

Comment

Working...
                  X