Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch Bybass

Has anyone tried to bypass the clutch switch on a 04-06 TJ? It's not that big a deal, but I just thought I would throw it out there to see if anyone tried this.

I metered the connector that sits right next to the pedal and it looks like it has a pos and neg flow....meaning that the switch on the pedal is not your normal open/close switch.
    Maybe I'm wrong.....I haven't physically taken the switch off the pedal as it looks to be a cylinder wrapped around the plunger from the pedal through the floor.
    David aka Mr.[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Orange[/COLOR]
    I think it's my turn for a bailout....what do you think?

For a clutch bypass you can put a fuse in the spot for clutch bypass in the accesory fusebox under the hood. My clutch awitch is taking a dump but this thing is wired into the computer wiring
    The computer gets a signal from this switch and allows it to start. It has its good side the thing will not engage the starter while running, to get it removed will take some rewiring. Since mine has still waranty left its of to the dealer for a new switch

Comment

I don't know what year you have, but the mine doesn't have the fuse slot, instead, they actually arranged it so in 4lo it is bypassed. I found this out by accident one day, and haven't stopped using it on the trail. I believe this is one of the changes they did for the 04-06's.

I just want to tap into the wiring to bypass with a switch so when I'm working on it or want to run out and start it on a cold morning, I can do it that much quicker.

I found a thread on ROF that a guy just 'paper clipped it' and said it worked. If that's the case, then I could just leave the stock setup and run a switch to it. Guess I'll try it...see what happens.

Comment

Get a pair of scotch locks those little blue plastic quick connectors that clamp around the wire and so you can add your 2 wires and the push button switch and see what happens that way there is no harm and no foul

Comment

Done. Just tapped in with a switch......

Comment

Working...
          X