Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know, for less than $200, I had a licensed electrician come out and install a 50 amp 220, and a 25 amp 110 outlet in my garage for my welders. I can burn metal together all day and all night without browning-out anything else in the house, and the homeowners insurance isn't voided (bear in mind that there was room in the existing breaker box for the additional circuits. If that is not the case with your home, then the prices will go up accordingly)...

Comment

Everythings working fine...no dimming or surges...

Chris is out welding happily in the garage right now...I got to weld a little earlier, and not to terribly bad if I do say so myself :p

all the electrical is exposed(not in walls), Ill find out if it needs permitting, and see if it can be inspected after the fact. Chris did a GREAT job :d

The camera battery died, but well have pics up tomorrow

Thanks for the input and guidance everyone

Tam
      2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
      Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Originally posted by JeepGal
        Everythings working fine...no dimming or surges...

Chris is out welding happily in the garage right now...I got to weld a little earlier, and not to terribly bad if I do say so myself :p

all the electrical is exposed(not in walls), Ill find out if it needs permitting, and see if it can be inspected after the fact. Chris did a GREAT job :d

The camera battery died, but well have pics up tomorrow

Thanks for the input and guidance everyone

Tam
        YAY!!! I'm an Electrcian now. hehe. All is well, nothing burnt melted or on fire ! 1 220V outlet and 5 110v outlets. All the wiring is inside plastic conduit, nothing is exposed. And I believe it is 200 AMPs coming into the house.
        tomorrow I start building stuff . . . welding table first and then bumpers and such.

thank you everyone for your concern!!
        [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
        SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
        Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Originally posted by Dukes69

tomorrow I start building stuff . . . welding table first and then bumpers and such.
          *TAPS FOOT AND WAITS*

Nice welder!
          [COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]1992 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

4.5" RE XD Suspension Lift
          AA SYE/ Tom Woods Custom Driveshaft
          15X8 Black Rock Crawler Rims
          33X12.50 Goodyear MTR's
          FlowMaster 40 Series Delta Cat-Back Exhaust
          Cobra 29 Classic C-B Radio Tweaked & Peaked w/ 4' K40 Antenna
          RE Hand Throttle
          Optima Red Top
          K&N Filter [/color]

Comment

Re: Hmmmm, its about time!!!

You need to move everything out of the way so that i can really take a good look at your shaweet poster!

Comment

Cool you are on your way !!!! Weld away !!!!!! I Forsee !HUGE electrical Bills in your future ,

Now sell your soul and get the tig welder and the plasma cutter and the iron worker and tube bender and the notcher and the materials , the shears, the brake, the torches , the press etc..................................... And let the headaches begin !

Good luck Chris Stay focused and you will do great .
              JIM :{>

Comment

Thanks Jim!

Why do they have to make all the cool fun stuff so expensive!?!

Its getting there
                Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

3000 pieces of Craftsman later...

I grew up playing around welders and torches and a tool for everything...or you could invent a tool if it didn't exist.

Comment

Hey all it takes 1/10 of an amp to put your heart into defribulation, 4/10 of an amp to stop it completley...be careful what you touch!
                    That aside NICE welder!I bought myself a Miller 185 for Christmas '97 and love it!!Not as fancy of a machine as you have but pretty nice.My parents gave me cutting torches for a high school graduation present in '83 and I have gotten A LOT of use out of them over the last 21 years.Building stuff is really cool!Steve Smith Autosports has an inexpensive book "The racers Guide to fabricating Shop Equipment" that I highly recommend.Projects include building a hydraulic press,sheet metal brake,engine stand,engine hoist,etc...Have fun and enjoy!!
                    "Good Girls and Dirty Jeeps" a song by Opal Justice http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xRtRE45OVQ

Comment

Nice!!!! So where did you buy it, and how much did it set you back?
                      Michael Stowe
                      Tin Benders

Comment

Originally posted by Jeepskickass
                        Nice!!!! So where did you buy it, and how much did it set you back?
                        I got it at Home Depot, only because I had ALOT of gift cards. And, ummm, it set me back Between $1000 and $2000. closer to the latter. Its a nice unit.

Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Originally posted by Kman
                          Hey all it takes 1/10 of an amp to put your heart into defribulation, 4/10 of an amp to stop it completley...be careful what you touch!
                          That aside NICE welder!I bought myself a Miller 185 for Christmas '97 and love it!!Not as fancy of a machine as you have but pretty nice.My parents gave me cutting torches for a high school graduation present in '83 and I have gotten A LOT of use out of them over the last 21 years.Building stuff is really cool!Steve Smith Autosports has an inexpensive book "The racers Guide to fabricating Shop Equipment" that I highly recommend.Projects include building a hydraulic press,sheet metal brake,engine stand,engine hoist,etc...Have fun and enjoy!!
                          Only my girlfriend got shocked, so all is good. I was pretty amazed that I could acutally wire something. I'm not very good at that kind of junk.

Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

I got it at Home Depot, only because I had ALOT of gift cards. And, ummm, it set me back Between $1000 and $2000. closer to the latter. Its a nice unit.

Kind of a wide price range there! I know that they go for right around $1600 online, but that doesn't include shipping. I'm sure it was a special order, but it's nice to be able to just drive down and pick it up. And gift cards help a lot! Congrats! Let's see your first project!
                            Michael Stowe
                            Tin Benders

Comment

Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Hey Chris those lugs go thru both sides of the bumpers? Nice finish work, its all in the grinder. I'm doing rears bumpers for the CJ and our new (ish) TJ.

Comment

Working...
                                X