Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little help... Plasma...

Posting this for Stickman...

Stickman just acquired steel rear quarter body armour (guards) for his CJ7. He is looking for someone who might have a plasma cutter to help him make the clean cuts in the armour and his rear quarter fenders...

If anyone can help or knows someone who can help, please let us (him) know.

Thanks!

Randy
    My"Not So"BrokenJeep
    Regards,
    Randy

"An army of asses led by a lion is better than an army of lions led by an ass" George Washington

www.youtube.com/user/MyBrokenJeep

I'd use a jig saw first, if you can. A plasma cutter wont make the cleanest cut.
    [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
    SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
    Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

x2 or a whole bunch of cut off wheels
      Head nut at Outdoorlogic
      Like us on face book to get updates about local runs, and monthly sales specials
      www.facebook.com/outdoorlogic

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I have a sawz all, however, I know how crazy (screwed up lines) those things can get. I guess I'll give it a try. I'll make sure I leave a little extra metal on my cuts and follow-up with a "Harbor Freight" one time use hand grinder.
        "It puts the Jeep on the rock"

Comment

Originally posted by Stickman View Post
          Thanks for the advice. I have a sawz all, however, I know how crazy (screwed up lines) those things can get. I guess I'll give it a try. I'll make sure I leave a little extra metal on my cuts and follow-up with a "Harbor Freight" one time use hand grinder.
          Hey stick,
          If you can wait till after Tday bring it by the shop and I'll take care of those cuts for you.
          [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
          [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
          http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by Stickman View Post
            jig saw, not sawsall. You can get a pretty nice, clean cut with a jig saw
            [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
            SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
            Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
              Hey stick,
              If you can wait till after Tday bring it by the shop and I'll take care of those cuts for you.

Kurt,
              Sounds good. I can flat tow to you with my panels. I'll take everything off the rear of the jeep, (lights, rack, etc..) to expedite the process. In addition, I just purchased two front shock towers for a 1988 Ford F-250 that I want to weld in place on the CJ. I have to cut the stock ones off. Is there a chance we could do that also? If not, no big deal. I have a connect in Victorville.
              Let me know when a good time is. I'm off on Sat, Sun and Mondays.

Thanks to all that replied.
              "It puts the Jeep on the rock"

Comment

Might be a good idea to for me to drive up there also, I can help and pick up the aluminum at the same time

Comment

if you use the sawzall dont let it get out of hand.... thats what landed me in my mess!!!
                  starvin student...

Comment

Working...
                  X