Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine skid

Since I haven't been able to find an engine skid for my Jeep with a 2.4l engine I ended up making one
    The skid plate it self is 1/4 aluminum plate to try and keep weight down a little

Last edited by aw12345; 10-03-08, 05:16 PM.

Nice work. :thumbs_upThat is next on my list.
    Check out .

Comment

cool. I think everone needs one
      Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

I see how it ties into the main skid...but where are the little arms in the front going to?
        [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
        Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
          Since I haven't been able to find an engine skid for my Jeep with a 2.4l engine I ended up making one
          The skid plate it self is 1/4 aluminum plate to try and keep weight down a little
          just watch out for galvanic corrosion of the dissimilar materials, especially in a wet environment such as the underside of a jeep, and the bare aluminum is exposed. I do not have a lot of experience with techniques to prevent this from happening, but if you search the web i'm sure you'll find some tips and tricks.
          03 TJ. It'll go 65mph...can't complain.

Comment

That looks like a sweet skid, I like it alot!
            :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Originally posted by USMC 0369 View Post
              I see how it ties into the main skid...but where are the little arms in the front going to?
              frame prolly
              starvin student...

Comment

I thought they mounted on the motor mounts
                Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

:whew: Now I don't feel like an idiot for asking.

Comment

the skid row one mounts to motor mount and passenger side arm. I imagine these are the same
                    Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

The front arms mount to the frame brackets of the motormounts, as for corrosion of the disimular material the aluminum plate was 26 bucks I can always buy a new one , still its not that wet is so cali so in my book it will be quite a while before I need to deal with that. I used aluminum mostly to save weight might make a aluminum transfercase skid some day also

Comment

Sweet skid. I think Tomb raider mentioned Skid Row; I have thier engine skid. It was doing really well for three years, but it's giving up the ghost. I think they need to hire me to be they're test driver...
                        I was thinking aluminum but didn't think it would hold up to my style. So have you dragged it across any rocks yet? I'm curious to see how it holds up (the aluminum).
                        [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                        [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                        http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

I think I'm going to make one, hopefully before the 18th AAT run. I've beaten my oil pan silly.

Comment

The reason I made it is that its not commerially available for a 2.4l 4 popper. We will see tomorow in Johnson valley, the aluminum unbolts so its easy to change 10 bolts and it comes of,it has several cross braces so it should be strong enough time will tell

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                              The reason I made it is that its not commerially available for a 2.4l 4 popper. We will see tomorow in Johnson valley, the aluminum unbolts so its easy to change 10 bolts and it comes of,it has several cross braces so it should be strong enough time will tell
                              Art,
                              Will you let me know how it holds up? I may just go aluminum if yours does well.
                              What trails are you going to run at JV?
                              [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                              [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                              http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Working...
                              X