Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bed box

Well I got tired of having an open bed and had a bunch of free time today.

not complete but almost. I have seen some other guys make them. I used silicone where possible to avoid noises. I liked geebs but wont work with my junk. I like leaving the ammo can because of the easy access to recovery equipment.

the plan for this was to be as cheap as possible. Meaning I didnt wanna spend a dime.

Yes those are signs. They were aluminum panels never used and i took advantage of it. metal is getting expensive now days.

Anyways will finish tomorrow with a 5/8 ply on top and putblack carpet on it. I plan to only put tools and so forth inside it. On top I will put the cooler on it.

Future plans is to put a gun case behind the seats. My rifle fits great but wanna have it secured if I leave the vehicle.

Anyways let me know good or bad.
    Ford Raptor 6.2l

You are out of control man . . . can't wait to see the final product . . . I might need something similar :wink:
    That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

looks like it going to be alot more stury then mine. i just cut a peice of 3/4" plywood and drived it down over the wheel arches. but looking at your i might change my route. i like it alot.
      :devil: Giffer

Comment

well I got the ply on and just have to do some carpet. And I guess this mod will only cost the carpet. The carpet in my house wont match my Jeep. Will post pics tomorrow.
        Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

When we make mine, I think I'll go with a diamond plate top!!! :hide: I'm not worried about the reflection, but it might get hot . . . we can use it to cook on out during desert wheeling!

Comment

Originally posted by Schmo View Post
            When we make mine, I think I'll go with a diamond plate top!!! :hide: I'm not worried about the reflection, but it might get hot . . . we can use it to cook on out during desert wheeling!
            yours......ha ha ho ho he he. yeah right.
            Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Originally posted by Tomb Raider 940 View Post
              I guess this mod will only cost the carpet. The carpet in my house wont match my Jeep.
              Get some shag carpeting, nice and fluffy to take a nap on. Very retro and cool looking.
              [COLOR="Blue"]If you don't have the time to do it right, what makes you think you'll have the time to do it twice?[/COLOR]

Comment

Yesterday,I saw the system that he built. He is doing a great job recycling along the with building a functional storage system. Kudos to Josh

Brett
                offroadwerkz.com
                (805) 642-8400 or 477-9977

Comment

Originally posted by Lawrence View Post
                  Get some shag carpeting, nice and fluffy to take a nap on. Very retro and cool looking.
                  dont hate law.

You wish you could have a trick custom box in the back of your Heep.
                  Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Originally posted by fun4wheelerguy View Post
                    Yesterday,I saw the system that he built. He is doing a great job recycling along the with building a functional storage system. Kudos to Josh

Brett
                    I try t do my part recycling.

I have to staple the carpet around and will look clean but am leaving for vacation and will finish later.
                    Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Just big enough for Josh to smuggle a couple of midgets across the border

Comment

Originally posted by Schmo View Post
                        Just big enough for Josh to smuggle a couple of midgets across the border
                        yeah rgr that. Gotta copy Rick with the dead bodies in his trunk
                        Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Originally posted by Tomb Raider 940 View Post
                          dont hate law.

You wish you could have a trick custom box in the back of your Heep.
                          That would be really helpful. Unfortunately, it's either room for my daughter or the box, and I don't think she'd like riding in the box.

Nice job on the project.
                          [COLOR="Blue"]If you don't have the time to do it right, what makes you think you'll have the time to do it twice?[/COLOR]

Comment

yeah I dont think she would like i either.

Well after baja-ing it thru the mountains the box survived. Held all my junk and made it thru.

Total cost 10 bucks for the black carpet to cover it.
                            Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Nice work, Eventually I will make something similar but it will have to have one baby Master Craft seat intergrated. It looks pro Josh!
                              Best, Max7
                              "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                              X