Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fabing a new rear bumper

Some pics of the bumper I am building.

Last edited by cannon; 04-12-08, 04:49 PM.
    '79 cj7, SOA. shackle reverse, custom cage, flow master, holly carb, 35" maxxis tires, custom bumpers and rockers, dana 44's locked, bead locks

looks good

are you planning to install tow points and/or tow hitch receiver into it now that the form has been welded up?
    03 TJ. It'll go 65mph...can't complain.

Comment

yeah, I have now cut out the hole for the receiver. I will do some bracing inside to reinforce it. I have ordered some pre fabed tow points to weld on and I think that I will reinforce the inside where they attach also. They may go in the same spots as the frame mounts for extra strength. I will pot more pics as it progresses.
      '79 cj7, SOA. shackle reverse, custom cage, flow master, holly carb, 35" maxxis tires, custom bumpers and rockers, dana 44's locked, bead locks

Comment

Originally posted by cannon View Post
        yeah, I have now cut out the hole for the receiver. I will do some bracing inside to reinforce it. I have ordered some pre fabed tow points to weld on and I think that I will reinforce the inside where they attach also. They may go in the same spots as the frame mounts for extra strength. I will pot more pics as it progresses.
        bracing back at/to the frame mounting points is probably a very good idea

you going to paint it white to match the CJ?
        03 TJ. It'll go 65mph...can't complain.

Comment

Black paint, easiest to touch up later on. Rattle can style like the front.

Comment

Man that thing looks like it will take one hell of a hit. Good job, keep us posted on progress and keep getting pic's.
            An armed society is a polite society. Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

got it all ground down and the hole cut for the hitch. Next will be the tow points and mounting brackets. After it's mounted then I can start on the tire carrier.

Obviously the receiver tube isn't welded in yet so it's sitting a little crooked

Comment

bumper finished, now the tire carrier

finally finished my bumper. I think that it will rip the rear frame member off before the bumper breaks!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Working...
                X