Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• York OBA

sorry for the spelling mistake it should be oba. i cant figure how to fix it so it is what it is.thanks
    i picked up a york compressor from pick Ur part for 25$ and fabbed up some brackets. wow it really works great. one of the best mods i have done.

Last edited by 92yj; 02-21-08, 08:39 PM.

i want this jeep

Originally posted by 92yj View Post
    i picked up a york compressor from pick Ur part for 25$ and fabbed up some bracketts. wow it really works great. one of the best mods i have done.
    I agree.

Oh, and I thought it was called oBa?!?!
    If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

OBA is the only way to go,,
      06 UNL RUBI 4.5 LA,KM 2-35's/ 4.88 BEADLOCKS/SKIDS/WINCH
      07 AT CHASER TRAILER

Comment

Originally posted by Materdaddy View Post
        I agree.

Oh, and I thought it was called oBa?!?!
        wow man you did a beautiful job. why did you lay it down? did it not fit standing up? i wish mine looked so good.

oops thanks

i want this jeep

Comment

Originally posted by 92yj View Post
          wow man you did a beautiful job. why did you lay it down? did it not fit standing up? i wish mine looked so good.

oops thanks
          Thanks! It doesn't look as good now, because I've been a little bit lazy about maintaining the entire OBA system, but it still works great. I run the York at least twice a day (slow leaks that cause the tank to lose pressure). I've thought about tracking them down, but I think running the pump twice a day is good for it.

As for the laying it down... I don't fab (no garage, no skills) so I bought the mounting plate sold by Kilby. Since I don't have A/C I didn't have to go fancy, and it's basically a plate so it didn't break the bank either ($28 if I remember correctly). I also have heard that standing it up on a TJ leaves little room for the hood to close unless you do a body lift and I didn't like that option.

Oh, and in case you're wondering why I keep pressure in my tank all the time:

Comment

Thanks! It doesn't look as good now, because I've been a little bit lazy about maintaining the entire OBA system, but it still works great. I run the York at least twice a day (slow leaks that cause the tank to lose pressure). I've thought about tracking them down, but I think running the pump twice a day is good for it.

As for the laying it down... I don't fab (no garage, no skills) so I bought the mounting plate sold by Kilby. Since I don't have A/C I didn't have to go fancy, and it's basically a plate so it didn't break the bank either ($28 if I remember correctly). I also have heard that standing it up on a TJ leaves little room for the hood to close unless you do a body lift and I didn't like that option.

Oh, and in case you're wondering why I keep pressure in my tank all the time:
            sweet love the air horn, i put one in also. just to wake up some people.

i want this jeep

Comment

I really need to hunt down a compressor and do this mod. I have a bunch of the smaller parts already. Does this require a different serp belt since I have AC?
              -Bob
              '98 Black TJ [COLOR=Blue]Sport[/COLOR] 4.0L/Auto Trans

My rig : http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95...n/DSC06310.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by steelman View Post
                I really need to hunt down a compressor and do this mod. I have a bunch of the smaller parts already. Does this require a different serp belt since I have AC?
                Yes. I had trouble getting the right size serpentine belt. I called Brad Kilby and asked, but he gave me the wrong size too. Maybe there's not too many 97s with no AC doing this mod? Anyways, I ended up changing it about 4 times in the NAPA parking lot until I found the right size. The cool thing is the stock size will still work (as a spare) if I need to, I just won't be able to use my OBA.

Comment

Yes. I had trouble getting the right size serpentine belt. I called Brad Kilby and asked, but he gave me the wrong size too. Maybe there's not too many 97s with no AC doing this mod? Anyways, I ended up changing it about 4 times in the NAPA parking lot until I found the right size. The cool thing is the stock size will still work (as a spare) if I need to, I just won't be able to use my OBA.
                  Cool man, thanks!
                  -Bob
                  '98 Black TJ [COLOR=Blue]Sport[/COLOR] 4.0L/Auto Trans

My rig : http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95...n/DSC06310.jpg

Comment

yep it took me 7 trips to auto zone, napa wasn't open.

go to the junk yard and pick one up man its easy to find and easy to set up.

i want this jeep

Comment

Originally posted by steelman View Post
                      Cool man, thanks!
                      your not to far from me if you need help come up.

i want this jeep

Comment

Hey, just a question. Why wouldn't you take a string, thread it over all the pulley's measure it or take it with you to get your new belt. I am too lazy to go to the parts shop that often?

I have done this many of time on large equipment drives with good success.

Comment

Originally posted by cweed View Post
                          Hey, just a question. Why wouldn't you take a string, thread it over all the pulley's measure it or take it with you to get your new belt. I am too lazy to go to the parts shop that often?

well i did and the parts store was way off. if i would have waited until Monday i could have went to napa and got the right one, the first time. but i am vary inpatient.

i want this jeep

Comment

(a) I'm not that smart
                            (b) I don't have any string.

Live and learn! Next time I do something like this, that might be an option.

To tell you the truth I did think of that but didn't know if the measurement of a belt was the ribbed part (if I used string, it would 'sink in' to the pulleys, and I might still be off on my measurement!

Comment

I took it one step further and used my wife's tailor tape. Just be sure to ask her first!!! Live and learn...
                              [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
                              Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                              X