Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XJ/MJ tow hook bracket pix.

This monster is made from a piece of 4x4 1/4" angle iron and is 14" long to pick up every bolt that I could.

This will pick up the 2 lower steering box bolts, which seem to be the main ones that rip out (I had to rebuild the "frame" on one of my MJ's because of this...), the rear most hole that is factory sleeved and used with the factory brackets, and the bumper mounts.I will add pix of the other pieces as I get them finished, as I need to get some more steel this week. More to come...

sweet, 1/4", that is a monster
    “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
    -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

Update on the brackets...
      Well the drivers' side is on , and the re-inforcement that goes in the front corner of the frame to "tie" the brace together is on. Be advised that to do this, you most likely (likely) have to drop the steering box from the frame rail only, so that you can get the backing plate, and bolts in the corner. I had the lowest, rearmost steering box bolt snap. (sure,why not. Everything else I have ever touched on this thing as always unbolted, unscrewed, or unpluged without fighting me.) Fortunately, the end came out after I split the alum. spacer "ear" in half, which is where the bolt snapped off. Stupid dis-similar metals.
      Last edited by Ky Laredo; 10-31-07, 05:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X