Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puking Transmission

After another great trip checking out old abandoned mines in the Oro Grande Mining District, I hauled butt home for an a clean-up and dinner plans. I was heavy on the skinny pedal most of the way (75mph+), and when I pulled off the freeway I noticed the smoke cloud that was following me. I pulled over and looked under my Jeep at the trans fluid that was leaking out, and had sprayed everywhere. I limped home slowly with my tail between my legs. The leak seemed worst at high speed and now is a slow but constant dripping.

I had this trans removed and resealed about 1 year ago. This was big bucks ($700). Since it has leaked 2 more times, but the shop honored the work and fixed it no charge. They did their part, so I will leave them alone at this point.

Ok, the trans works perfect aside from the puking. What should I do here? Junkyard replacement, or have it removed and rebuilt/resealed at another shop? The leaks are coming from the top of the trans and around the bellhousing area.

1988 YJ Wrangler Lorado
    Automatic (regular old style 3 speed / no O/D

I would appeciate and help or suggestions

Mitch

mitch i dont know much about automatic trans. did they tell you where it was leaking from . was it the front seal.:id ask the shop where it was leaking from last time then go from there
    :gun:im a outlaw baby:gun:

Comment

well i wish i know what it could be..... theres a way to find out where the the leak is coming from buy putting a die in the oil it and using a ultra violet light to find it..... but there a trans shop in riverside that has a 3yr warranty on there rebuilds just let me know can ill let you know where there at or if you need to use the light, i got one
      BS Fab: 'Cause Close is Good Enough...

Comment

I dropped off the Jeep today at ATECH TRANSMISSION in Hesperia. They said it would be $600 +/- to re-seal or $900 +/- to rebuild. I told them to rebuild it so I don't have to worry about this anymore. Comes with a 18 month warrenty. Should be done by the weekend.

Mike, I want to meet the girl that posed for your avitar! Maybe she will go for a ride
        in my Jeep :}

Mitch

Comment

Working...
        X