Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pressing the pinion bearing
    Last edited by cbrazor1; 10-28-07, 09:10 PM.
    :gun:im a outlaw baby:gun:

Comment

the two pinions side by side 3.54 4.88

Comment

setting pinion depth and preload
        Last edited by cbrazor1; 10-28-07, 09:22 PM.

Comment

i drove the old jeep to work today revs a little high on the freeway but i like it i wonder what the gas milage will be like:confused:

Comment

oh, gas milage? you might not wanna know...
            :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

All I know is that I love my 4.88s and my tera-low. Those two things where the best mods I have ever done + the lockers.

Comment

I was thinking of changing my gears to 4.88 also and I would love to hear the difference in you gas milage from before and after the install.

Comment

I went to 4.88's and the gas milage on the trail, going slow is great, you pretty much idle all day.

what blows is the gas mileage on the highway, or any time you go more than say, 55mph... I mean jeeps are bricks, I get that, but the engine just revv's out! I mean I am going 3000rpm+ just to keep up with traffic on route 66 or the 15 fwy... and we are talking slow lane here, I am not an idiot...

but You said it, you get your 5th gear back, and that helps a lot. and I can go fast if I need to pass or just get where I'm going.

Comment

yea it does wind out hell i can pass in 5th lol what is your milage like i used to get about 13 to 14 mpg

Comment

Good job on the install!
                      I cant wait to get my 5.13s in...
                      Set up bearings make it sooo much easier.

Comment

I have never calculated mileage, I just drive it to wheel, and it has not been an issue, sorry... when it comes to MPG I don't care. I love to drive the thing, so whatever it is, it's worth it. I know I fill up often, but I only have a 15 gal tank...

Comment

Yea Hahaha Iagree It Dosnt Really Matter I Just Enjoy Driving It

Comment

Working...
                          X