Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help jeep gods

Hello everyone. I've had my 2000 Jeep (Sahara) for around 3 years now (bought it used on ebay in college). I still love to drive it whenever I get a chance. About a year and a half ago I "prettied" her up a little bit and added a RE BB lift , an inch of body lift and I also added some 32" mud terrains. With the bigger tire I noticed her "struggling" on some uphill clims on the highway. Last week I requested for specs of the car from Chrysler and apparently I have a 3 speed automatic (32rh transmission)with 3.07 axle ratio. What can I do to improve things a bit? Would gearing help out alot? What ratio should I go after? How much will this affect my gas milage? Any estimates how much this might costs? Any inputs would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Sounds like its time for new gears. Do you plan on getting bigger tires in the future? If so plan ahead and get the gears for that set up. I don’t have a TJ but I’m running 4.10’s on 33’s and it works great on hills. No problems. Gears aren’t that expensive, about $150 a set. Good Luck.
    Check out .

Comment

I can help......... give me a call.

Brett
      offroadwerkz.com
      (805) 642-8400 or 477-9977

Comment

find out what size tires you ultimately want to run on the vehicle and then select gears for the maximum size you anticipate.

gears are very expensive, you really only want to do this once, ever.
        03 TJ. It'll go 65mph...can't complain.

Comment

JATO pods help... Sorry I just had to...
          [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
          [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
          http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Working...
          X