Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody got rockwell's under a cj?

im considering putting a set of rockwell steer axles under my cj5.

the reason im considering it is its dang near cheaper or may be cheaper to do that than run dana 60's or 9 inchers
    80 cj5- under going sbc swap, dana 60 and 14 bolt sping overs
    86 cj7- stock.

i have seen in in magazines. i do not know anyone. the axles are heavy, brakes are a problem and i hope you like the one choice on gear ratio 6.72.
    http://www.jpmagazine.com/techarticl...all/specs.html

hope that helps.
    BTW you can cut down a front dana 44 cheap. currie cut the axle shaft down for 80 bucks, i cut the housing. Chevy 14 bolt and front 44 can be had cheap if you take the time to look. stay 8 lug and full width is even cheaper
    Last edited by Davisrats; 10-06-07, 09:49 AM.
    1956 Willys Wagon restomod

Comment

I can't imagine having those behemoth axles under my little CJ5. Post up lots of step-by-step pics on your build...maybe you'll inspire someone else! As for me, I'm still looking for scout 44 front & rears. In our area...that's gonna be my 'white whale'.
      [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
      Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

http://www.4wdandsportutility.com/fe...j_5/index.html
        http://www.jpmagazine.com/featuredve...j_7/index.html
        1956 Willys Wagon restomod

Comment

If its gonna be a tow rig ,then yeah I would love to run some rockwells n 47's.

Comment

Oh yea...I've got that kind of money...
            [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
            Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

I wheel (sometimes :yay with a CJ-7 sitting on rockwells and an LT-1 motor up front. It's not pretty but it is as strong and as ox.

Click for full size

"your jeep looks so hot!!"

Comment

The pumpkins on those thangs are tall as hell, you gotta get tons & tons of lift just to clear the pumpkins. IMHO, they are way overkill, but rank right up there on the Hilljack Meter.

Comment

No rockwells
                  [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
                  SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
                  Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

I decided against the rockwells for now. I was gunna an all wheel steer and everything.....I think I'm just gunna save that for a buggy that I wanna build.

I do plan on doing Dana 60's front and rear though.

they should handle the motor I'm gunna build...... which is definately overkill...but I have the parts laying around. it should be an easy 350hp engine... which should be a lot for a light ass jeep

all I need is a bellhousing, an intake, some gaskets, a new carb, and thats about it
                    86 cj7- stock.

Comment

a buddy of mine is actually in the middle of the swap right now. I'm getting his dana 60 front axle and 14 bolt rear axle for now!

I didnt even know he had a jeep........ his is also an 80 cj5
                      86 cj7- stock.

Comment

Working...
                      X