Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tranny Drain Plug size???

Ok I was going to change my tranny fluid in my 88 comanche but I can not find a thing to fit in the plug to undo the plug. It is a inverted square plug that looks like you should be able to fit a 3/8 ratchet in there to undo it. Well the square to the plug is too small for the 3/8" ratchet to work and too big for the 1/4" ratchet to work in it. It needs something inbetween. I looked around at places that carry tools and nothing. I asked guys a parts stores and they look at me like I am retarded because a 3/8" ratchet wont fit.

So what do I need to get to get it out, the fill plug is the same way on this.

It has a 5 speed, 4.0 and 4wd also just so you know what I am talking about.

Thanks guys.

O.o A little redneck engineering from the south.
    Try a bit of "umph" and a good set of vice grips...that may do the trick. I had a YJ that had a circular Torx style plug on my YJ and I'd unscrew the drain plug using a set of vice grips to get it out. Just my $0.02...
    WTF Mate?

Confucious Say: He who stand on toilet...is high on pot.

______
    [_____]
    (HllllllllH) vroom VROOM
    []--o---[]

Comment

Yeah I tried that but no dice. Plus there isn't to much room to get them even in there.

Comment

crescent wrench?
        WTF Mate?

Confucious Say: He who stand on toilet...is high on pot.

______
        [_____]
        (HllllllllH) vroom VROOM
        []--o---[]

Comment

Hey. I have the same tranny in my XJ. I had to take a piece of 3/8" square bar stock and grind it down to fit the plug. The good thing is that you can take the plug with you to Lowe's, and get a regular pipe plug to fit it. You might want to do both the fill and the drain plug while you are at it.

Comment

Working...
          X