Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire Backspacing

can anyone tell me what backspacing I should run,, I have a 06 UNL LJ RUBICON on 33x12.50 x16 Rubber, am looking to go to steel wheels, Have a Long arm Suspension,,, Cheers!
    06 UNL RUBI 4.5 LA,KM 2-35's/ 4.88 BEADLOCKS/SKIDS/WINCH
    07 AT CHASER TRAILER

First you could measure what backspacing you have now. It is unlikely you will want less BS; the rims might start interferring with brakes and such.

More BS increases track width and therefore stability. 4" seems to be a common number for rim manufacturers.

Generally more BS increases the load on wheel bearings but with reasonable limits this is not an issue.
    "your jeep looks so hot!!"

Comment

Yeah, what he said.

Most common Jeep wheels of 15 or 16 x 8 in the 5 on 4.5 pattern are in the 4-5 inch backspacing range. I am picking up a set of the Soft 8 style steel wheels for my SFA KJ project and they are 16x8 w/ 4.25" BS. (I gotta have the 16's to clear the WJ brakes.)

Comment

wrt stability....increased BS lowers the c of g which reduces the risk of rolling, but increased track width reduces direction stability at high speeds. :poop:
        "your jeep looks so hot!!"

Comment

Thanks guys, I am going to go 4" backspacing and run a Unique Steel Simulated beadlock, got a wicked price @ American Discount tire. Thanks for the suggestions,,, Chips
          07 AT CHASER TRAILER

Comment

Originally posted by mrchips View Post
            Thanks guys, I am going to go 4" backspacing and run a Unique Steel Simulated beadlock, got a wicked price @ American Discount tire. Thanks for the suggestions,,, Chips

How much?

Comment

For 5 series 252 Black sim/beadlock 16x8 with new lugs, caps mounting and balance and new valve stems, $405,
              07 AT CHASER TRAILER

Comment

I have a mostly stock Rubi with 31 MTR's (245/75) on 16's . . . I wanted to go to the 32 MTR's (265/75) when I change them out. I have a 2" Budget Boost. Will I need to worry about backspacing or is the change too minor to worry about?
                That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

I dont believe you will have an issue, as you are only going up in tire size and not really that much wider, Ck with the tire dealer, Want cheap good tires, Ck @4Wheel Parts wholesalers for "BLEMS". New tires with blemishes that are good and safe.
                  07 AT CHASER TRAILER

Comment

Working...
                  X