Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sye or longer shaft

i have a 4 inch lift on my jeep and i was woundering if a longer rear drive shaft would stop the slip yok on my t case from comeing out and if so how much longer should the drive shaft be.

I would spend the money on a SYE and CV shaft. It costs a lot but worth it in the long run. JE REEL makes some nice shafts and they are in Pomona, just a spit down the freeway from ya.

Comment

I actually had the same issue as you. I was trying to save because budget was tight. I had the driveshaft lengthened by 1 inch and balanced and was able to used this system for 2 more years until I could afford the slipyoke eliminator system.

Brett
      offroadwerkz.com
      (805) 642-8400 or 477-9977

Comment

SYE is the best solution, but if money is a factor measure your new running length and have the DS stretched accordingly.
        "your jeep looks so hot!!"

Comment

i pushed my axle back one inch and had my drive shaft lengthed two inches and it works just fine until i can put a sye in.

Comment

Originally posted by roadkill424
            i pushed my axle back one inch and had my drive shaft lengthed two inches and it works just fine until i can put a sye in.
            You did all that work and still havent gotten an SYE???

to the OP... Just do an RE Hack N' Tap and get a DS from spicer or tom woods and call it done. Taking short cuts can sometimes lead to more money being spent in the end...
            |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

i would have to say that alen is right for the first time hehehe j/k man or you can just find a tc w/2low and an sye for $300 or some thing like that spend the money now and do it right the first time and save some money.... thats what i did for my tc shifter kit from Novak i know i could have made it but who has the time just save your peso's and do it.....
              BS Fab: 'Cause Close is Good Enough...

Comment

SYE kit and drive shaft, thats the way to do. I got my kit from these guys....http://www.jbconversions.com/pages/
                The Second Amendment protects all the rest!

HI-LIFTS never go jeepin without it

Comment

i have the spring perch that has three holes, i just moved it back one. and i got a good deal on my driveshaft work.

Comment

what would happen if you have the stock t case with slip yoke and you get a cv shaft ???
                    Last edited by dexter jackson; 09-17-07, 11:19 AM. Reason: not clear enough

Comment

you wouldn't be able to bolt it up...
                      |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Working...
                      X