Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good oil filters?

K&N, Fram...???

I have been running the Fram filters forever, I change 'em every 3,000 with the oil so you dont need anything fancy...
    :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

You're going to get people saying stuff like "I'd rather run my oil through a roll of toilet paper than a Fram." I've used Frams in the past, but I use K&N now. More robust, plus it has that nut fitting on the end which makes it easy to install and remove.
      Jeep: 2006 Midnight Blue WK Limited 4.7L•Bells/Whistles
      Mods: Tow Hooks•Skid Plates & Rails•Flowmaster 70•255/65R17 REVO's

Comment

Actually the best oil filters are WIX filters. Napa and Carquest filters are made by WIX also.
        offroadwerkz.com
        (805) 642-8400 or 477-9977

Comment

Amsoil Ea series for the best filtering "98.7 percent at 15 microns, while competitive filters containing conventional cellulose medias range from 40 to 80 percent efficiency". OR Wix like mentioned above for adequate filtering.

I'll agree that K&N oil filters are decent and at least they are way better at actually filtering than their "air filters".

Comment

what? should I not be using K&N air filters? should I ditch the Fram oil filters? what brand of oil should I run... I have been using Castrol GTX...
            :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

I found this info on Jeep.US41.org:

Air Filter:
              "Go to your local Jeep stealership's parts department and purchase one Mopar air filter. I've purchased a Fram and an STP before, and they were obviously made of cheap stuff and did not fit in my air box tightly, meaning that dirty air might have gotten around them and they might not have filtered well. In this case, the OEM air filter is best. It's expensive - almost $30."

Oil Filter:
              "I recommend for your Jeep the Mobil 1 oil filter. It is heavy duty, and on average, filters as oil as anything else out there. It is a little more expensive, and a little more difficult to find, but I have had really good luck with them. Never are they gunked up or looking funny. The gasket never comes off, the insides never look like they have been damaged or worn. It's a great oil filter. The Purolater Pure One is also a great oil filter.

What isn't a good oil filter? Well, it's hard to say. Many different brands of oil filter are out there, but most of them are made by the same few companies and are re-branded for retail sale. The worst of all filters are the less expensive FRAM filters, in my opinion. Rather than metal end caps and heavy duty construction with carefully pleated filtering material, these have poorly pleated cheap material with cardboard end pieces. I think FRAM filters are crummy filters made in the old-fashioned American way: badly. I think you should avoid them."
              That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

We run Group7 in the shop, but everything I own is a CHEVY and runs AcDelco filters.
                The Second Amendment protects all the rest!

HI-LIFTS never go jeepin without it

Comment

Working...
                X