Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motor Temp....

My jeeps valve cover was leaking so I replaced the seal. Before the seal it would run about 210 degrees at its hottest. Now im watching the temp guage go to 260 and laugh at me... Can this be right or is this thing just going haywire???? Every motor IV run got to mabey 250 before it looked like I was having an antifleze bar-b-q under my hood any suggestions???

sounds like you might have messed up some electrical connection there... but maybe not, do you have oil in your air cleaner? maybe you are gittin some blow by.
    :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

yea it does have oil in the air cleaner.... what would cause this?

Comment

well, it is a jeep...

there are a few oil in the aircleaner threads in here, do some research and use the best one that applies to your problemo...
        :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

simply changing the gasket wont do anything in way of overheating unless you dropped something in your drivetrain to cause a restriction somehow. blowby is normal.

not sure what yr you have but check your temperature sending unit. could be faulty. check the wires. is your fan working properly? maybe its just something that popped up at the same time and you think that its related. aside from those ideas, theres nothing that would merit your temp going up simply by removing your valve cover.
          1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Comment

thanks for your imput.

Comment

Check the wire going to the sending unit. You might have pitched it some how and its grounding.

My :2:
              [COLOR=Red]Semper Fi[/COLOR]
              In Loving Memory of My Daughter

Comment

lets look at all the symptoms.
                1. the valve cover gasket was leaking.
                2. there is oil in air cleaner.
                3. it's getting hot

check the pcv valve.
                do a compression test.
                pray it isn't rings or a head gasket.
                It's not what you have. it's what you do with what you have.

Comment

Did a compresion test and each cylinder ran between 123-125.....

Comment

is everything in your cooling system working well. could be your thermostat not opening up for your coolant system. does your coolant look like chacolate milk...thats a blown head gasket.

i would first off verify your engine temp really is that hi. if so you know your temp sending unit is working. after that i would check the coolant system is working properly. may be a bad water pump or thermostat.

Comment

Working...
                    X